Dance Host

Brendaflamingo

I am pretty sure I saw two 'Gentleman Hosts' on Liberty of the Seas back in November... It was a 7 nighter.

I've never seen dance hosts on Carnival, and I've been on a lot of their cruises.

Only Cunard and Crystal have Gentlemen Ambassadors on all their cruises, regardless of length of cruise.

Iv been on almost all the cruise lines and I havent seen dance hosts on any cruise less than 20 days other than the high end cruise lines. As far as Female Hosteses any guy wanting to dance just let the word out youll have lots of partners. Ladies are always looking on all the ships ive been on for dance partners. Just go to almost any lounge and someone is alway looking. I went to 70s 60s and 50s night on the jewel a week ago and there was 20 gals to 1 guy dancing. I danced with about 6 diferent ladies until I was too tired . CARL

Hello!

I did some dance hosting two and three years ago [i was 45/46...I felt I was too young to do this!]. NCL no longer uses dance hosts. Holland America only on cruises [or combinations of cruises] of 30 days or longer. Cunard DOES use dance hosts...but one has to know the Quick Step [which Americans don't know very well!] As said above...some of the higher end lines do still use Gentleman Ambassadors on most cruises.

I found that the younger passengers on NCL said they thought the concept was "creepy".

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have just been accepted for being a dance host so can probably help you a little here

Cunard, silversea, crystal, Fred Olsen all have dance hosts on most cruises

cunard and silver sea I am pretty sure all cruises

the number depends on the particular cruise, on the queen elizabeth at present is 9 hosts if this helps

Other cruise lines such as Primcess, HAL etc only on very select cruises and very rarely

hope this helps

Greg:)

Hey Greg!

I will be curious to hear of your adventures. First Question...what agency are you working for? Sixth Star? I worked through To See with Z. Are you booked for anything yet? Two: How well do you know the Quick Step...and when you are on ship....will the women know it!

HLR

Archived