Is there a LA Q&A/FAQ?

aloisia

Hi,

I noticed there is a Seattle Q&A thread .... is there a Los Angeles thread too?

I've tried to read the great LA information posted but wondered if there was a specific thread to refer to? ie. transportation options, restaurants, sightseeing tours... etc.) I should have made some notes. ;)

(Recall seeing information on good places to eat.... was one "The Sidewalk Cafe"?)

Thanks! :)

The problem with that is that Los Angeles is so widespread. The experts here will ask a poster for more info if a general question is asked. For example, what hotel should I stay at? We will tell you some areas to stay away from (such as downtown LA, Compton, Central LA), but to help you with hotels to stay at, we need some to know your budget, if there's some type of sightseeing you want to do (or do you just want to chill out, post-flight/pre-cruise), etc.

One of the San Pedro residents just started a thread about that community, which is relevant as that's where the Port of LA is.

I can tell you lots about the San Fernando Valley, but I don't think many cruisers want to stay here, unless it's in the Universal City/Studio City/Burbank area, as that's where our attractions are.

Hi,

I noticed there is a Seattle Q&A thread .... is there a Los Angeles thread too?

I've tried to read the great LA information posted but wondered if there was a specific thread to refer to? ie. transportation options, restaurants, sightseeing tours... etc.) I should have made some notes. ;)

(Recall seeing information on good places to eat.... was one "The Sidewalk Cafe"?)

Thanks! :)

might I suggest you look at tripadvisor.com and look for LA forum. While a sister site to CC its far better organized and until CC can do a similar design with FAQ's in a searchable guide its not as user friendly as Tripadvisor.

might I suggest you look at tripadvisor.com and look for LA forum. While a sister site to CC its far better organized and until CC can do a similar design with FAQ's in a searchable guide its not as user friendly as Tripadvisor.

Thank you, I will look at their web site.

I do have a question.... we are staying in the Manhattan Beach area pre-cruise. The group would like to do a studio tour... Warner's description seems very good however it looks like we are pretty far from that area. Is a rental car our only option? I also found a tour at Sony that appears closer to our area. Are we better with the Sony tour?

Any thoughts?

Thank you, I will look at their web site.

I do have a question.... we are staying in the Manhattan Beach area pre-cruise. The group would like to do a studio tour... Warner's description seems very good however it looks like we are pretty far from that area. Is a rental car our only option? I also found a tour at Sony that appears closer to our area. Are we better with the Sony tour?

Any thoughts?

I was in LA last yr and the WB studio got very nice reviews. I did it and enjoyed it very much. I do think drivning is the only way. If you went to Universal then you could take the subway train right to Universal city without a car but I believe thats one of the only ones easily reached by public transport.

Sony is in Culver City (unless it's moved), Warner Bros. is in Burbank as well as NBC. You would definitely need to have a car as you'll be a distance away. As I said above, LA is very widespread. Don't be fooled by looking at Google maps, unless you also check out the scale for the map.

Archived