NCL Spirit - Forward Balcony - Motion Sickness?

Scheduled to be on the NCL Spirit with a VERY forward balconey on deck 9.

Should I have any concerns? I've been on a cruise before but never more than midship. I have a hard time seeing how the motion on the bow can be that much more further back on a ship of this size. (Is there really that much of a difference or is it more a matter of perception?) If you're in a storm you're in a storm, the whole ship moves. Wife gets motion sick.

Another poster also mentioned something about engine noise as you move forward. This surprised me. I always assumed ship propulsion was near the stern except for maybe thrusters (don't know if the Spirit is so equiped). It's possible they were talking about the deck 5 area and I misunderstood.

Very excited about having a balconey, it will be my first.

...... I have a hard time seeing how the motion on the bow can be that much more further back on a ship of this size. (Is there really that much of a difference or is it more a matter of perception?) If you're in a storm you're in a storm, the whole ship moves. Wife gets motion sick........

....Very excited about having a balconey, it will be my first.

Think about a teeter totter. The ends go up and down more so then the center. Now take that teeter totter and move the whole thing up and down, side to side - the center still moves the least.

I get seasick also but it usually doesn't affect me until the seas are about 10 feet. I use Bonine if I notice things starting to get a bit rocky. Some people prefer the Patch but that makes me sick in calm seas and on land so that's not a good thing.

Enjoy your balcony!

Archived