UBD on Alaska Cruise?

oliverweagle

Hi there - we will be on the Golden Princess in an aft suite for our Alaska cruise this coming July. Do you suppose it would be too cold to enjoy the UBD? Would there be a night in particular that you would recommend? I was initially thinking the last night when we would be in port at Victoria - but am certainly open to suggestions!

Thank you,

Ollie:)

Ollie, it all depends on the weather you encounter while in Alaska, if can be very unpredictable. Just keep in mind that you may have to move it inside your stateroom if you encounter rain or cooler temps. The best day will all depend on Mother Nature, but once you book it, the date would be difficult to change (if impossible), so just be prepared to have to move it inside in front of your balcony doors if Mother Nature decides to not play nice. ;)

Ollie - it's always hard to say in Alaska. Planning the UBD for an evening when you are going to be in port late so the ship won't be moving will help. Of course if it's 50 below that probably won't help much :-)

Last year I planned the UBD for the night we were in Juneau until 10PM and set it up to start at 7. Turned out we had beautiful shirt sleeve weather and the biggest issue was the sun - we needed sun glasses!

You can't schedule the actual day until you get on the ship, and by then you should be able to see a fairly reliable weather prediction for the different nights.

Good luck and enjoy both the cruise (Alaska is amazing) and the UBD!

Thank you all so much for your replies! I do not know why Juneau did not occur to me - especially when the Golden does not leave until 10:00PM. Excellent suggestion bjkTX. We have never cruised on Princess before - so the enticement of a Vs aft suite is all the more exciting. We plan to fly from Houston to Seattle a couple of days before the cruise begins to truly get in vacation mode! The idea of moving the dinner inside is also great - I'm sure we will have more than enough room.

Thanks again,

Ollie

Archived