On Board the Eclipse January 22nd to 29th

elena7seas

I know there have been lots of posts from the Eclipse lately, but if you still have any questions, I will try to find answers for you. We are on our second leg of a back-to-back and are thoroughly enjoying ourselves on the beautiful Eclipse.

We were in AQ 1608 on the first leg, and are now in a 1A with the largest balcony on the bumpout.

The staff is wonderful, (with one exception...more later) and the food is great in all venues. We had a great meal with friends at Qsine, and we enjoyed it more than we expected to. The experience was fun, as expected, but the food was better than I thought it would be. It's not just a novelty!

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, please leave a note and I will try to locate the answer.

I have some questions about the door lock on the balcony slider. We will be on Eclipse with our 4-year-old son, and though we will be supervising him carefully, I want to know what the locks are like. Other posters have confirmed the presence of a child lock high up on the balcony slider, but I would like a more specific description. Exactly how high up is this second lock? Is it a pin lock, or, some other type? If you have a balcony cabin and can check this, I would be grateful for the information. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Elena,

Thanks for the offer. I am curious to know if 1520 is under the gym or the hair salon (I have read conflicting reports). Not exactly sure how you could find out though!! We had 1519 on Equinox and really like the location near the front of the ship but don't want to deal with noise from the gym above.

Are there daily drink specials (other than the drink of the day?

I have some questions about the door lock on the balcony slider. We will be on Eclipse with our 4-year-old son, and though we will be supervising him carefully, I want to know what the locks are like. Other posters have confirmed the presence of a child lock high up on the balcony slider, but I would like a more specific description. Exactly how high up is this second lock? Is it a pin lock, or, some other type? If you have a balcony cabin and can check this, I would be grateful for the information. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi alj1208:

Yes, there is a child lock on the balcony doors. (I am in a 1A).

The child lock is about 8 inches down from the top of the balcony door, so it is above 6 feet from the floor. I can reach it fairly easily (I am 5'2" tall) and it is easy to use, and is a good solid lock. There is a 4" lip at the base of the balcony door, so if someone was shorter, they could reach the lock.

You can also lock the balcony doors in place as well, although this lock would not be that difficult to manipulate for a child that was the height of an average 5-6 year old. I will try to measure the operative height of the lock if I can. My grandaughter is a tall 4-year old, and I'm pretty sure she could open the locked door easily if I wasn't using the child lock, but as long as we were conscientious about using the child lock, she couldn't get out.

I will take pictures of the locks and post them when I get home (Monday, January 31).

Hi Elena,

Thanks for the offer. I am curious to know if 1520 is under the gym or the hair salon (I have read conflicting reports). Not exactly sure how you could find out though!! We had 1519 on Equinox and really like the location near the front of the ship but don't want to deal with noise from the gym above.

I will try to find what is directly above AQ1520 by using "architectural landmarks".

I was booked into 1520 on the first leg of this back-to-back, until 1608 became available, shortly before final payment, so I know the comments you are referring to.

I will post later this evening.

Elena,

Thank you. Your detailed description of the child lock is exactly what I need. My son is tall for his age, but there's no way he could reach something that's six feet high. A photograph of the balcony door and the lock would be very much appreciated! While you're at it, can you photograph the cabin door, too? I am thinking of bringing a child safety device or door alarm for that. Since you have your granddaughter with you, did you come across any other child safety concerns or issues on the Eclipse? For example, it looks like all the decks have plexiglass walls not railings that can be climbed. I am sure we'll be fine. I am just the world's most paranoid mother. Hope you and your granddaughter are having fun.

Hi Elena,

Can you confirm whether the bed is 5ft wide or 6ft wide. I seem to get conflicting answers. Celebrity say Queen, but that would be only 5ft wide, which would make the twin beds only 2ft 6" wide, which I think is very narrow and unlikely. Important question for us! Thanks. Sue

Hi is Damien still the HD or has Simon Weir arrived?

We had 3 b2b in December .It was amazing.Best cruise ever.

Fantastic officers and staff.Christmas was amazing the best of our 10 holiday cruises on Celbrity.

Simon Weir arrived on the Eclipse on January 22nd. He is looking as great as ever ;).

We certainly enjoyed our B2B and the Eclipse is a great ship.

Hi Elena,

Can you confirm whether the bed is 5ft wide or 6ft wide. I seem to get conflicting answers. Celebrity say Queen, but that would be only 5ft wide, which would make the twin beds only 2ft 6" wide, which I think is very narrow and unlikely. Important question for us! Thanks. Sue

Hi Sue:

As I couldn't access a measuring tape, I measured the beds with a US $20 bill, and will do the math and let you know how wide the bed is tomorrow, after we arrive home. :)

Elena,

Thank you. Your detailed description of the child lock is exactly what I need. My son is tall for his age, but there's no way he could reach something that's six feet high. A photograph of the balcony door and the lock would be very much appreciated! While you're at it, can you photograph the cabin door, too? I am thinking of bringing a child safety device or door alarm for that. Since you have your granddaughter with you, did you come across any other child safety concerns or issues on the Eclipse? For example, it looks like all the decks have plexiglass walls not railings that can be climbed. I am sure we'll be fine. I am just the world's most paranoid mother. Hope you and your granddaughter are having fun.

Hi:

I have pictures that I will post for you tomorrow, when I arrive home. I tried to post them from the ship, but the internet kept kicking me off yesterday, and I couldn't get them uploaded to my website.

I didn't have my GD with me on this cruise, but will have her with me on our July cruise on the Eclipse, so I was looking at everything with an eye to how safe it would be. If you think you're paranoid as a mother, just wait until you're a grandmother ;).

I'll post in greater detail tomorrow.

Hi Elena,

Hi:

I paced off the distances on both floors yesterday, and took pictures of the gym so that I can count the windows on both decks and be entirely sure where the elliptical machines are in relation to 1520. I will be home tomorrow, and will post the pictures and the details of the location of 1520 with respect to the gym.

Yes, there are drink specials. On at least one day, there were 2-for-1 drinks in almost all of the lounges. I brought my dailies home with me from both cruises, so will check about the drink specials for you and post tomorrow.

Hi:

I paced off the distances on both floors yesterday, and took pictures of the gym so that I can count the windows on both decks and be entirely sure where the elliptical machines are in relation to 1520. I will be home tomorrow, and will post the pictures and the details of the location of 1520 with respect to the gym.

Yes, there are drink specials. On at least one day, there were 2-for-1 drinks in almost all of the lounges. I brought my dailies home with me from both cruises, so will check about the drink specials for you and post tomorrow.

Thanks so much. I look forward ton the rest of your report.

HI. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Was there one night in the MDR that you felt was the weakest? I imagine the menus are the same on the Solstice - trying to decide which night to go to the Tuscan (day 4 or 5). Thanks.

Hi Sue:

As I couldn't access a measuring tape, I measured the beds with a US $20 bill, and will do the math and let you know how wide the bed is tomorrow, after we arrive home. :)

Elena,

You're a star, didn't want you to go to that much effort!

sue

• 3 months later...
I know there have been lots of posts from the Eclipse lately, but if you still have any questions, I will try to find answers for you. We are on our second leg of a back-to-back and are thoroughly enjoying ourselves on the beautiful Eclipse.

We were in AQ 1608 on the first leg, and are now in a 1A with the largest balcony on the bumpout.

The staff is wonderful, (with one exception...more later) and the food is great in all venues. We had a great meal with friends at Qsine, and we enjoyed it more than we expected to. The experience was fun, as expected, but the food was better than I thought it would be. It's not just a novelty!

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, please leave a note and I will try to locate the answer.

Dear Elena we are two pensioners and taking our 39 year old daughter on the eclipse in two weeks time. but its our first one and am totally baffled by some of these forums. my daughter cannot walk and totally in wheelchair. we have booked several trips ashore. how sure are we to get back on time. do the drivers keep in touch with the ship and sailing times?

please help have also read about dress codes which i find confusing. we are not posh so black tie etc is not for us.

Archived