First time out of Long Beach Ca

pscruzinboyz

Hi all of you Carnival Cruisers. Going on our first Carnival Cruise...Paridise out of Long Beach this weekend...looking forward to it....It is a Anaheim Angel Fan Cruise so should be a blast with great weather. My question is I want to bring back many a bottle of Booze....do you go thru customs...where you need to talk to them, or as RCL does in San Pedro...you just get your luggage, turn in your decloration card and leave...yes with custom agants hanging around. Any advice would be great. I am bring an extra suitcase to to hold the booze. Also...as with RCL...Booze is cheap on the ship...same with the Carnival ships and what is a GREAT buy compared to stores at home. I would guess the price is the same on all ships....is there a special day for maybe a deal...like buy two and save 5 bucks.

Thanks all

Mike

Mike, Mike, Mike.. Basically, when you walk off the ship, you go directly to customs where you show that you are a citizen and keep going. Even last year, when I was an idiot and put my id- except for my driver's license- in my suitcase, it was very quick and painless. I don't know if the luggage gets scanned coming back into the states, so I'm no help there. Once you get your luggage, there is a carnival employee near the exit door that asks for your customs declaration and takes it from you.. and then you go to your car..

Watch out for the middle aged women, with season tickets in the view section, who will tell you they know the players! ;) We had the pleasure of dealing with them on our last Angel's cruise.

Actually, you would be surprised at the amount of people that DO know the players, even if they do sit up in the view section. Just because they can only afford view seats does NOT mean they don't know the players, just like the ones that can afford field seats doesn't mean they DO know the players.

I know many people that have view seats that go hang with the players after games, and go to their houses, and socialize with them during the offseason. So it's not as farfetched as it seems. Most of our Angels players do not base friendship on where you sit or how much money you make or can spend, but how you act.

Archived