Radiance delays on 01/27/11?

tarps14

Update: someone has since spoken with RCI customer service and they are showing no problems. However, how many times have the CSR's been shown to be the last to get any info? Make sure to check the update section of the RCI website under "before you board" section for any official updates.

My friend is on the ship now and says they are coming back into port early..midnight tonite............

Then the Radiance will be in port for 24 hours while they do some maintenance work on her.......so as of now,she wont leave Tampa till midnight Thursday night..

She insinuated they are working on the azipods..

not what I want to hear :( it seems like the Radiance is sure having its share of problems and the upcoming drydock is much needed.

with all the plumbing problems and now "engine issues" I am a little worried to say the least.

Just called Royal and she told me that there's nothing yet coming through - but said to call back later on - they usually get emails regarding delays and she's received nothing yet-- so as far as she's concerned the ship leaves at 5 - lets hope we aren't delayed - we have a 20 minute drive to the port so there's no problem - Since the ship is in port they might let us on as scheduled anyway - and leave at Midnight who knows - keep watching the website she said for any updates - if not everything will be on schedule:)

Just called Royal and she told me that there's nothing yet coming through - but said to call back later on - they usually get emails regarding delays and she's received nothing yet-- so as far as she's concerned the ship leaves at 5 - lets hope we aren't delayed - we have a 20 minute drive to the port so there's no problem - Since the ship is in port they might let us on as scheduled anyway - and leave at Midnight who knows - keep watching the website she said for any updates - if not everything will be on schedule:)

best of luck! even if the ship is delayed leaving port, maybe they will at least let passengers on at normal boarding time tomorrow so y'all can enjoy your first day.

I will be watching the website today - The only time they didn't let people on the ship was when it was late coming in and it was due to fog - and it was bedlam at the port - boarding didn't start til late afternoon and sailed late at night - no muster drill til the next morning --but like I said the ship will be in port at midnight - so hopefully everyone will get off in the morning and they'll let us on - keep the fingers crossed:)

Nothing yet - but who knows - I'm thinking and hoping that since the ship will be there - I would guess that they will let us on as usual - unless there is a problem getting back to port tonight

Keep an eye on the royal site - under "Before you board" you'll see updates there - that's where they will post it or there may be a square red box flash up with an update - Keeping our fingers crossed that they post something and its good news

:)

I'm sure you'll be allowed to board on time....we were on one ship that got delayed because they were working on the azipods and we were allowed to board as normal..

By chance do you know how the delayed boarding affected the following cruise. We leave on the 2/5 sailing and am trying to be prepared!

My friend is on the ship now and says they are coming back into port early..midnight tonite............

Then the Radiance will be in port for 24 hours while they do some maintenance work on her.......so as of now,she wont leave Tampa till midnight Thursday night..

She insinuated they are working on the azipods..

Hi Kathy! Thanks for posting this. My DD will be on this sailing and the delay could be a blessing in disguise (well, for her at least.) She's flying out of Baltimore 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, and we're supposed to have another snowstorm tonight, which could delay her flight. I gave her RCI's CS phone #, plus she will check their website on her blackberry during the day. Thanks for the head's up.

By chance do you know how the delayed boarding affected the following cruise. We leave on the 2/5 sailing and am trying to be prepared!

I didn't mention a delayed boarding,but if you're on a cruise after one that did indeed have delayed boarding,there is no reason to believe you'll be affected..

Even if the previous cruise leaves late,it should be back in port on time and ready for the next one..

I didn't mention a delayed boarding,but if you're on a cruise after one that did indeed have delayed boarding,there is no reason to believe you'll be affected..

Even if the previous cruise leaves late,it should be back in port on time and ready for the next one..

Thanks. I confused the ship lingo. I meant delayed sailing-not boarding. Little worried that the iternaries of future sailings would need to be modified due to the possible engine problem. sometimes living in a world of immediate knowledge is not a good thing!!:)

Thanks. I confused the ship lingo. I meant delayed sailing-not boarding. Little worried that the iternaries of future sailings would need to be modified due to the possible engine problem. sometimes living in a world of immediate knowledge is not a good thing!!:)

Same thing for delayed sailings.....................they will come back on time....and your cruise will be fine...........Unless something else goes wrong:p:p

Latest update:

They are saying now we'll pass under the bridge at midnight and docked by 3am for the azipod maintenance to resume.

I asked her when they plan on departing..........I'll let you know if I hear,,

Latest update:

They are saying now we'll pass under the bridge at midnight and docked by 3am for the azipod maintenance to resume.

I asked her when they plan on departing..........I'll let you know if I hear,,

Who is your source? .. Mommabean ?

Archived