Need recommendation for St Lucia diving

TreeCity

I read recommends for Irwin (dolphin dive adventure) but it (he) is not listed on the padi site is he Naui???:confused:

So if you had to chose a dive operator on St Lucia who would you go with and what is a must do dive? several operatiors have different dive sites.

And finally do you know which dive co rccl adventure of seas uses?

Thanks

Hi

We're going to be in St. Lucia 2/24/11, 8 am to 6pm, on the Carribean Princess. I am looking for a good Dive place. Can anyone help with a good Dive Shop and guide near where the ship docks? I am looking for a nice 2 tank dive and a way better price than the the ship.

Thanks for any input

Moski, I posted a response on the other post you did.

JoAnn

Below is the info & I have booked with Dive Fair Helen and I will be on the same cruise you are on.

You can take advantage of our Cruise Ship Special which has 2 tank dives (in spacious, shaded boats with all amenities including washroom, fresh water, easy entry and exit facilities), equipment (except wetsuit which can be rented for US$8.00pp), transfers to and from the dive shop (we do pickup and return you), lunch, marine fees and dive master. You can view the special from the following link; you will also be able to view the pickup point which should be near your docking area. http://www.divefairhelen.com/cruise_ship_special.htm

The cost per Certified diver is US$108.00 with equipment or US$92.00 if no equipment needed, book early and get the package for US$105.00/89.00, pickup time is between 8:45 – 9:00am, we will return you to port between 2:30 – 4:00pm as this depends on the sites we visit that day.

We dive the prime reserves on the island from Anise Cochin to Soufriere, visiting spectacular reefs, walls or even wreck dive if that is your fancy. We desperately try to offer the best St. Lucia has to offer. Depths are between 40ft. to 65ft., you can view some of the sites we visit here: http://www.divefairhelen.com/dive_sites.htm

I read recommends for Irwin (dolphin dive adventure) but it (he) is not listed on the padi site is he Naui???:confused:

So if you had to chose a dive operator on St Lucia who would you go with and what is a must do dive? several operatiors have different dive sites.

And finally do you know which dive co rccl adventure of seas uses?

Thanks

Irwin, also known as "Papa," is terrific! I believe he is NAUI. My dive buddy and I dove with him in December and I wouldn't use anyone else there. We plan to go back and spend a week or so there and dive with him, hopefully this year.

Thanks to both jakz2fun and Laurie S. I have contacted both dive shops and wait to hear from them. I am very excited jakz2fun to be boarding the Caribbean Princess in just about three weeks. Living in Maine, you should be just about as fed up with the weather as we are. The cruise will be that much better after dealing with all of this snow!!!

Moski, Yes, I am ready for the trip, but we have gotten a lot less snow than you have. I live near Bangor. Hey, have you joined the roll call yet? There several of us and there is a Meet & Greet scheduled for the first day so we can meet each other.

Are you planning on diving at any of the other ports?

JoAnn

JoAnn, I can't tell you how much I need this cruise. We are anticipating a storm tomorrow and a whopper on Wednesday. By the way this winter is going I will be in school until August!!! We have tacked on an extra 4 days so far to the school year and I suspect Wednesday will be the fifth!!! I actually am not the diver...my husband Michael is. He is just planning on diving in St.Lucia. We are listed in the roll call and hopefully will make the meet and greet on the first night. I will look forward to meeting you on board.... hopefully you will miss out on this week's snowfall!!!

I know you are supposed to get a lot more snow than we are. They are calling for use to get 6 - 10 nches tomorrow, maybe 12 in total today & tomorrow.

You take care.

We are flying in on the day of departure at 2:30, so Mom and I are going to try our hardest to make the M&G.

Moski, I hope you are doing well in the storm.

Is Michael also thinking about diving on Barbados? I have booked with a dive group I went out with that last time I was there. If he is interested, I will include the info here.

JoAnn

I used "frogs" diving in St. Lucia when I was there and just loved it. They picked me up just by the cruise ship and dropped me back off. It was about a 30 min boat ride to supermans flight for the first dive which was great. It was a drift dive along the base of the pitons. If you can get someone to take you there I recommend that highly. Between dives the took us along the shore and into some of the cave type opening and just a nice tour of the shore line. You were able to dive your computers which is nice. The second dive was a nice critters spot with a nice slow pace. I will use them again if I go back. You will love the diving there.

Archived