Please help on itinerary

rockmegently

Hi there,

We will be arriving in St Maarten on a Sunday in April via cruise ship for the day.:D

This will be our first visit to the island and are trying to figure out what all we should do. We have considered Bernard's tour but are concerned that the visit to Maho Beach in the morning will be disappointing as we have read in this forum that the planes fly in the afternoon. As well his tour allows for shopping time but we have heard that the island stores basically close on Sunday. If we plan for shopping will we be disappointed?

All things considered are we better off just grabbing a cab to one of the fabulous beaches?

Thanks for your insight.:)

Thanks Gary.

Based on your extensive experience on the island, if you knew you only had one day there what are the one or two things you wouldn't miss?

I would make sure that I experienced Orient Beach, no question.

If I could then fit it into my day, I'd hit Maho for the planes in the early afternoon, but Orient might be difficult to leave.

gary

Gary,

Is there a particular location at Orient to tell the driver? Looking for a spot with chairs/bar/bathroom. Are taxis readily available from Orient to Maho for an early afternoon run and how long is the ride from Orient?

Thanks,

Pat

I agree with Gary, Orient Beach is not to be missed. The taxi should let you out near Pedro's and from there you can just walk down the beach to find a spot that looks appealing. I prefer Le String, but there are many good places. Maho is also on my list even if you should miss the biggest planes. Gary is right that it will be hard to leave Orient.

Archived