Veendam Stern Verandah Cabins

Spender Nui

Considering booking the Veendam and have questions regarding the stern cabins.

Approximate balcony size? Length? Width?

Do the end cabins have a wider balcony than the other stern cabins? Do they extend to the side of the ship?

What furniture is on the balcony?

How is the climate control in the cabin?

How is the ride?

Also would love to see any pictures.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for any help.

Approximate balcony size? Length? Width?

Do the end cabins have a wider balcony than the other stern cabins? Do they extend to the side of the ship?

What furniture is on the balcony?

How is the climate control in the cabin?

How is the ride?

Also would love to see any pictures.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks to fellow CC members, I have gathered a few of the HAL ships photos, staterooms and public areas togetheron one web site. You can find Veendam Here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

I just sailed the Veendam on the Antarctic cruise in cabin 080, one cabin in from the port side.

Approximate balcony size? Length? Width? Width is the same as the cabin. It's about 8" deep.

Do the end cabins have a wider balcony than the other stern cabins? Do they extend to the side of the ship? The end cabins balcony does wrap around a bit. Which I thought might be nice for taking photos. However our neighbor said they got a lot more wind noise because of it.

What furniture is on the balcony? Two individual chairs, a small table and a chaise lounge. Blankets are under the bed.

How is the climate control in the cabin? For the first 10 days it was fine. We never could get the temperature cool enough for the rest of the cruise.

How is the ride? You're on the 10th floor, above the propellers. Expect a lot more up and down motion than a cabin on a lower floor. And you can get a lot (and I do mean a LOT)of vibration from the props right up through the cabin, especially at low speeds, like when docking or maneuvering. When we started I felt sure they had a bad bearing. It appeared to have been fixed after one of our port stops.

Also would love to see any pictures. Have some, but haven't downloaded them from the camera just yet.

Anything else I should know? Cabin service was very good. We had two stewards. Never really used the concierge service.

Thanks for any help.

I just returned from the Veendam and was in an aft balcony - 228 - on the Verandah Deck. The cabin itself was identical to other balcony cabins. The balcony was about double the normal depth. It had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table along with plenty of room to navigate around them.

We had no problems with climate control and we went from hot (Buenos Aires) to cold (Antarctica) back to warm (Valparaiso).

The room was quiet even though above the dining room. We had a very smooth ride due to excellent conditions. There were a few times the seas were a little more active, but the motion was not bad. I never went in search of the bonine or sea bands.

Debbie

Archived