1st Cruise, Galveston, TX: Carnival vs RC? (bit long, sorry)

midnightferret

Typically, a deposit is $250 pp unless they are running a deposit special. The sooner you book, the better cabin selection you have. FWIW, we are not fans of Jamaica, even though we are booked on Mariner and will stop at the new port. We will probably just stay on board and enjoy an almost empty ship. I wish the spring break week we have had the Belize and Roatan itinerary instead of the Jamaica/ Grand Cayman, but we didn't have a choice because I specifically wanted a Voyager class ship (I'm a dork and want to ice skate on a ship....).

HAHA! I think ice skating on a ship is fun. RCCL has the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel itinerary when we want to go, and the ice skating was one of the reasons I picked it! (I read on your thread about it that they make you wear a helmet though. Bler).

I picked the other itinerary (Key West/Freeport/Nassau) because I've always wanted to go to Key West and Nassau. I'm sure I can find something to do in Freeport. Also, I want to tell people that I'm "going to the Bahamas" in the winter. Because that's just awesome.

Archived