Blackjack Player.....

grod19

Hello again everyone, I havent been around much recently however on my December cruise I encountered something that I thought you would get a kick out of.

I walked up to the BJ table around 4 in the afternoon, there was an older gentleman sitting seat 1 and another younger guy sitting seat 3, naturally I sat towards the end, actually picking the third base seat (one of them was smoking and I prefer to be away from that).

As the dealer is giving me my chips Mr Seat 3 comments "you know you are taking the last seat so dont do anything stupid to screw up the rest of us", I replied "I know how to play". In my head I was envisioning how fun it would be to slap him or just make every stupid play possible to get him to leave.

Anyway, first hand he is dealt 13 vs K and what does he do.....stay. I couldnt believe he had the nerve to say something to me and then pull a move like that. Well needless to say I had a great run and made some money and he got felted.

What you didn't realize that as the anchor man your play was supposed to change all the other players' stupid moves so that they win? Come on ... you should know that... :D

What a hoot... I would have thought about trying to get him to leave as well but watching him get cleaned out on his stupid play is even better. Especially if his poor play gave you winning cards..

I've seen these self proclaimed card sharks split 10's into an 8, and do all kinds of goofy stuff. I never say anything (like it would do any good :rolleyes:) , but it never fails, when these "gamers" get the inevitable eye rolls from the field, their logic is "I just had a gut feeling". Seriously?? :mad:

I personally couldn't care what you do with your cards and your money but don't run your mouth to me and then play foolish.

He would also double any 2 cards under an 11 if the dealer was showing a bust card.

We hit a monster run in cards where the dealer was busting every hand. Everyone was bumping up their bets and like all good things it came to an end and we all noticed it except him. It was great watching him increasing his bet more and more and swearing that the streak wasnt over. He had bought in for 100, had well over 400 thanks to this run and blew it all betting between 50 and 75 a hand when the deck went cold. It was so wonderful to watch. Sometimes its the little things in life that make you smile the most.

Archived