What to do in Martinique on Sunday morning?

SevenOceans

I will be in Martinique on Sunday morning. Will the markets and restaurants be open? I have been there before and liked Fort-de-France, but don't want to stay there if nothing is open. I will be on the HAL Noordam and they do have some tours. Would I be better off taking a tour? Would appreciate any information about what to do.

I’m not sure you will have lots of answers to your question. This board seams very quiet. We will also be in Martinique on a Sunday. I contacted the «Comité Martiniquais du Tourisme» (Martinique’s tourism office). They have an office in Montréal. Asked them how much it would cost us to hire a taxi and do a 3 hours tour. They answered that to have a nice tour, 3 hours is a must and that’s it’s about 120 Euros for 4 peoples. They said they could give me some names to contact. I replied to them that there would only be 2 of us and asked them to give us names anyway but they never got back to me.

We are also concerned nothing will be open, so we decided do go with a HAL’s Land & sea tour. If you want to see what it’s look like just go to post #10 on this thread (and then click on the link).

I would be interested to know what you did in Martinique when you come back…..

Archived