Itinerary Change May 25 and June 29, 2011

narnia1

Many of us on the boards are very upset about the itinerary change to accommodate JMC and divers. What it amounts to is the loss of a day in Bora Bora, the loss of a half day in Rangiroa, the addition of a sea day, all to add 3 hours of extra time for diving in Fakarava. There is no provisions being made for excursions for non divers on this island, and no snorkeling. I have written PGC corporate expressing our dissatisfaction at the lack of consideration for most of the guests. We booked this itinerary because of no sea days and the 3rd day in Bora Bora. I have desparately tried to find a snorkel excursion in Fakarava but cannot. Any ideas? :mad:

I have desparately tried to find a snorkel excursion in Fakarava but cannot. Any ideas?
We visit Fakarava in April & we're also interested in snorkeling. I contacted several of the local pension owners & dive shops to inquire about tours. The most promising response was from Havaiki Pension, who can arrange 1/2-day excursions to either Green Lagoon or Bird Island. Both places are in the north & closer to where the ship anchors. The more interesting Pink Sands are in the south but are too far away to do during our port call. Havaiki are very laid back and not keen on doing advance bookings till much closer to sail date. But at least they responded - I'm still waiting for some others to do so! Good luck!

http://www.havaiki.com/excursions-fakarava/pension-fakarava-activities/excursions.html

Archived