Indian Tandoori?

StarboardIndigo

OMG.. I think my boyfriend will faint.. Is there a menu somewhere?

Do they have Chicken Tikka Masala or Butter Chicken? Naan?

Here are some shots from the Dream:

Dream047.jpg

Dream048.jpg

Dream049.jpg

Guess I didn't get a picture of the menu or I didn't upload it... and yes, they do have Naan

:)

I ate Indian most everyday for lunch. Sadly, on the Freedom I found most of the food to be much too salty. The Naan was excellent- I ate TONS. (But didn't take tons at once... it can be a long wait if the person in front of you grabs 8!) The rice they put out was also excellent, everyday a slightly different variety.

Hands down the best meal in the dining room was the Veg. Indian dinner the first night.

I knew about ordering Indian meals ahead of time, but didn't want to commit to eating them and wasn't sure if asking for them was guarantee you'd want them. I later heard someone say you could ask for them with just 24 hours notice, and I wish I had known that. There were a few nights that there was nothing on the dining room menu I wanted to eat except fruit. I would have loved Indian food instead.

The Tandori station is located outside on the Splendor and it looks like the Dream also has it outside on the deck. The beautiful corn on the cob is ICE COLD. I have no idea why it is ice cold.

I love the hot naan bread.

The Freedom has the tandoori station also. I had it every day for lunch in August. I ate so much of it that after the cruise i didnt want to see indian food again. Now i'm getting the craving for more. I wish they had the station on the Legend that I will be on this coming August.The only thing with the Freedom buffet is they had the rice tray after the meet and gravy trays. So people would get their rice and have to get back on line or cut in line to put their meat and gravy on top.

This is funny- over on the Foodies branch there has been an extensive thread about how come Carnival serves Indian food all the time- yuck, etc. And here the flip side.

I am please to know that the Dream has the Tandoori Grill- I love Indian food. And may have to try to veggie dinner the first night- had seen it listed and it did sound appealing.

Husband and I were on the Dream the first week of January and after the first day, had the Tandoor buffet for lunch each and every day that we were on the ship during lunch. In fact, we were pretty much unhappy with our MDR meals (dry, tasteless) and we both said we wished the Indian food was available for dinner, as well. We eat quite a bit of Indian food (large population here in SF Bay area) and I can honestly say that the Dream had really outstanding Indian food. I will definitely consider ordering it in the MDR the next time we cruise.

• 11 months later...

Archived