Questons for anyone who did B2B CTN's last week out of NYC

LOWTYD

We are doing the Gem/Jewel CTN's in February.

I have a couple questions about the the ternimal on the day the Gem arrives back from her CTN and the Jewel is starting her CTN:

1) Were both ships check in's at the same terminal and if so, were they two different check in's for each ship?

2) How bad was it?

3) Did you get to leave you car in the same parking area or did it have to be moved on day 2?

Anything else we should know?

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple questions about the the ternimal on the day the Gem arrives back from her CTN and the Jewel is starting her CTN:

1) Were both ships check in's at the same terminal and if so, were they two different check in's for each ship?

2) How bad was it?

3) Did you get to leave you car in the same parking area or did it have to be moved on day 2?

Good questions! We need the answers!

I didn't do both ships, but I do believe the boarding of the ships took place in different ports. The Gem was in the newer port and the Jewel was in the older port (not sure if they updated it yet)

Getting onto the Gem wasn't bad. They only had 2000 onboard that night. Don't know about the Jewel.

I am sure they change the rules about the parking all the time. We pulled into one pier and parked there, but had to move it within an hour to a different pier. They were having some sort of a show and needed that particular pier.

You are going to have to ask upon arrival. If nothing is going on I can't see why they wouldn't let you keep it in the same spot. Some people do the one night and then the following cruise on the same ship the next day and never walk outside the port.

Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps a bit, maybe others can give their input.

Not going to help much, but..

1 - Your question is more about when both ships are there, and has little to do with CTN.

2 - All NCL ships use the Manhattan Port facility.

3 - The comment about a different port above is totally wrong. Maybe it was just the wording, but it is the Port of New York. And the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for both ships.

1 - Your question is more about when both ships are there, and has little to do with CTN.

3 - The comment about a different port above is totally wrong. Maybe it was just the wording, but it is the Port of New York. And the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for both ships.

Thanks garycarla.

I'll copy a quote by Peg013 on this thread: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1344844

She's talking about a B2B - one night on Gem and one night on the Jewel so she has to get off the ship and just wants to know if they'll have any provisions for all those cruisers that are doing both CTNs and will be getting off one and back onto the other.

and back to my comments:

Yes, both ships will be at the Piers on The West Side of Manhattan. We are wondering about the logistics of disembarking after a CTN on the Gem Saturday morning and boarding the Jewel for another CTN the same day.

1. The question has everything to do with B2B CTN's on different ships.

2. I don't think anyone thought they were talking about 2 different ports (JMHO)

3. She just used "port" in place of "pier". Easy mistake.

2) How bad was it?

Thanks in advance.

We did the B2B.

Both left from Pier 88. The Gem was the only ship on Friday; it returned on Saturday with the Jewel already in port.

We just walked off the Gem and went to the waiting area until Jewel check-in started.

Saturday was a bit hectic, since they had to accommodate the two ships' departures...the Gem was leaving on a 10-day and the Jewel was the CTN.

Check-in was on separate sides of the pier...double the passenger load made it a little chaotic, but overall not a problem.

Can't help on the parking...we took the train in.

Archived