Virgin Upper Class .....opinions?

Darcy15

Hi

I am thinking of treating myself to a business class flight, for the first time in my life, for my upcoming cruise in October.

Princess have offered me BA or Virgin. My preference is for Virgin, as I think BA are unreliable with this constant strike threat.

Anyone flown Virgin Upper Class? Looks nice on their website!

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

both offer a good product, VS seats are set out in a herringbone style, quite narrow, and not good if you are travelling as a couple. Also flight attendants can be very young and unproffessional. take a look at airlinequality.com and reviews of virgin, pretty much echoed on there. BA offer a superior cabin service with more mature crew who are very professional, however there is the dispute that you mention, however BA claim they will operate 100% of their flights........i have flown with both , had good flights so it does depend on the crew on the day......

Service on Virgin varies from really good to spacey. Really spacey! Sometimes you benefit from the UC 'surprises' such as finding sun screen and other sun related gear when heading to a sun-famous location or extra off the wall snacks.

I am a small person and find the seating confiming and sometimes a bother. If you are a big, tall person, I would stay with BA.

That said, I've had food problems on BA as I have a severe allergy to shellfish, but never a problem with that on Virgin. One meal all the FA's could fiddle together for me were rolls and cheese! Really!

Service on Virgin varies from really good to spacey. Really spacey! Sometimes you benefit from the UC 'surprises' such as finding sun screen and other sun related gear when heading to a sun-famous location or extra off the wall snacks.

I am a small person and find the seating confiming and sometimes a bother. If you are a big, tall person, I would stay with BA.

That said, I've had food problems on BA as I have a severe allergy to shellfish, but never a problem with that on Virgin. One meal all the FA's could fiddle together for me were rolls and cheese! Really!

I'm 4' 11'' so no, not what you might call tall :D

Thanks for all the responses. I have booked Virgin today :) and am really looking forward to my trip.

Archived