Horseback Riding in Acapulco? Ixtapa? PV? Cabo?...

angelsx4

We're going next January and we're totally bummed that the NCL Star doesn't stop in Mazatlan. We're taking our kids, they'll be 13, 10, and 8 yr. old twins, and I'd completely trust Randi's, but we're not going there. Is there anything even close to her league of a tour? Any recommendations?

THANKS!!!

I took a bicycle tour in PV (through the ships excursions) and it left from Hacienda Dona Engracia, which is also where the horseback riding tour and ATV tour originate. I don't know how the horseback riding is, but if the horses are anything like the bikes, I'd say skip it. The bikes were advertised as new but they were far from it. It took awhile for all of us to find bikes that had both working shifters and working brakes. The ride was good albiet very bumpy once we got going, but we did cross paths with the horses and ATV's at different times. I don't know if the horses and ATV'S cross paths or if they do, if it bothers the horses. The Hacienda is supposed to breed Arabians. Now I'm no expert, but the horses I saw didn't look like Arabians. This place is a kind of Mexican Disneyland. Besides the horses, bikes and ATV's, there is a tequilla factory onsite, as well as ostridges and goats and each activity ends not at the giftshop like Disney, but at the restaurant there where a lot of people who will try to sell you a lot of stuff. I didn't do the horseback ride and it may very well be good, but perhaps you might want to explore other options. It is just my opinion, but this place looked better on paper htan it actually was. Hopefully someone who has actually been horsebackriding at someplace other than Randi's can give you better info. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

We did the Jungle Horseback Riding excursion in Ixtapa, I was fun, only a 20 minute ride there and back BUT!!! Wheres the Jungle? I guess this time of the year the land was kinda dried out..., no Tamarind and mango Orchards, no varity birds, no armadillos or iquanas, I think they hid when they saw me coming lol

Make sure you wear long pants, all that didnt got cut with dry brush or branches, some of the trail takes you along side a barbwire fence and the horses will get close to it if you let them.

Good LUck

Wennfred San Diego, Ca.

Archived