Istanbul airport to Old City

Can anyone tell me how they got from Attaturk airport to a hotel in the old part of the city? We have a night in a hotel there before we join our cruise the next day. If taxis are the best option how much should one cost for two people and luggage? After non stop over flights from NZ we will not be wanting any hassles!

Many thanks,

Jean

We haven't done this yet, but I have been doing a lot of research for our arrival in November for our cruise after a few days in Istanbul. So far, I think the most reasonable way is with a reserved shuttle which is $20 per person from airport to hotel. http://www.ataturkairporttransfer.net/

The least expensive option is to take the Metro and then the tram which takes about 1 hour and costs only tL4.

I have also read that a taxi should be about 25 or 35 tL

• 2 weeks later...
We haven't done this yet, but I have been doing a lot of research for our arrival in November for our cruise after a few days in Istanbul. So far, I think the most reasonable way is with a reserved shuttle which is $20 per person from airport to hotel. http://www.ataturkairporttransfer.net/

The least expensive option is to take the Metro and then the tram which takes about 1 hour and costs only tL4.

I have also read that a taxi should be about 25 or 35 tL

Thanks gadaboutgal.

We have booked the shuttle today. Will let you know what they are like when we get back- end of May.

Jean

Hi gadaboutgal,

We are now being picked up by the hotel we are staying at. Slightly dearer ( for 2) but means we should go straight to hotel. As far as our dealings with the shuttle you mentioned. They seemed efficient and easy to deal with on line.

Jean

Archived