Barbados Hotels

coricw1

We stayed at the Hilton for one night pre & post cruise when we sailed the Royal. Very nice...not cheap, but less than the hotel SC had arrangements with, the Savannah. On the other side of the bay from the port...you can see the ship from the hotel. About 20 minutes from the airport & 10 from the port by taxi.

Very nice beach, pool & grounds with some nice restaurants within walking distance.

Since checkout is at noon, and the ship doesn't board till 4, a nice feature they provide is a hotel room that you can use for an hour to take showers

and such before heading to the ship. So, we hung out at the beach & pool all day and then freshened up before heading to the ship.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

If it is not too late, check out the Butterfly Beach Hotel. On the water/beach, has A/C, you can get rooms with kitchenettes, on the major bus route ( $1 rides), has a locked room to hold your luggage and shower rooms if you want to stay at the hotel later than check-out time. The rates are pretty good.

• 3 months later...

By now I hope you have found a hotel for your vacation. I thought I might comment on my recent experience trying to book Barbados hotels for our Royal Clipper trip on January 7, 2012 in case anyone is else is still looking, January is in the high season and most places (guest houses, hotels, apartments and villas) have minimum stays. We are a family of 5 adults (3 kids in their twenties will be with us) so we require two rooms at a hotel. After an extensive search, I found Goodwyn's Cottage on the beach for our stay prior to the sailing where we can enjoy five nights of relaxation and exploring the island for $200 US dollars a night (one kid will have to be on the sofa bed. It was hard finding a three bedroom place for a reasonable rate). I thought that was a good price considering there are many luxury villas and resorts for much, much more.

My biggest problem is after the sailing when we dock Saturday and the best airline flight doesn't depart until Sunday (the Saturday flight has an midnight to 8:00 am layover at the Los Angeles airport. Now, which sounds better, an extra day on Barbados or a night in the LA airport?). The Hilton for one night is $899 US dollars. That's a ridiculous amount of money for us. The Accra's website rates and reservations page is outdated. It starts in 2009 and stops December 2011 and will not work for 2012. However, the rates listed for the cheapest room in Dec would price us about $482 for the one night. The Butterfly Hotel's website also does not work for 2012. I e-mailed them May 6th and have had not reply. I have contacted about 30 hotels via their own web pages or e-mail and have had responses from only 5. Even the hostel has a 14 night minimum stay. Fortunately I have had 3 positive responses with rooms I might be able to afford (closer to $300 total for the one night). We are currently reviewing their locations for the best choice for us.

It's been very frustrating trying to plan the trip because of this one night's hotel requirement during high season. I wish there was a clean, basic and reasonably priced airport hotel available, but there doesn't seem to be. I expect it's easier to find some place if you have a smaller party or travel during the shoulder season :) Still, once this room is confirmed, I'll book our airfare and then I'll have nothing except fun to think about in anticipation of our first Clipper's cruise. I am very excited about it and I appreciate all the info here to help me plan and get ready. Thanks all :D

Thanks for the Courtyard by Marriott option. I didn't realize there was one on the island. I've been searching for hotels and rentals via the internet from very many sites and it was listed as the Courtyard Bridgetown (it didn't occur to me that it was a familiar Marriott) and not listed as an option for us since we "exceeded max occupancy". However, since you mentioned it, I went directly to the Courtyard by Marriott site and it describes the room as able to accept a rollaway bed. I plan to call to ask about it since the website won't accept 5 people as an option.

If the Courtyard wasn't listed as an option for us and yet may actually, I wonder how many other hotels might fit our group. I will go back to my searches again (hotels.com, expedia.com, barbados.org, my google search, etc) and see what else might really be available. Thanks for the idea.

I'm looking forward to this trip. I wish it was sooner :)

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

How far is it to the port from the hotel?

If it is not too late, check out the Butterfly Beach Hotel. On the water/beach, has A/C, you can get rooms with kitchenettes, on the major bus route ( $1 rides), has a locked room to hold your luggage and shower rooms if you want to stay at the hotel later than check-out time. The rates are pretty good.

Archived