Blu Menus

PaulaS8071

Hi,

Forgive me if this is a repeat post, I did a recent search and didn't see this question. Does anyone who was recently on Solstice have a copy of each night's menu from Blu. We will soon be on the Solstice-I have a 20 yr. old son who is somewhat of a foodie. The dining aspect of a cruise is important to him, one of the reason I booked us in adjacent Aqua Class cabins. Someone posted the menus from Blu from a recent 10-day cruise. The menus look very limited! Unfortunately, even though he is a foodie, he also has food allergies! No seafood for the main issue. I would love to see the menus so I could book the specialty restaurant evenings around what is available for him for that particular evening. I would REALLY appreciate if anyone has this info and can share.

Thanks in advance,

Paula

You can find most of the Blu menus from Eclipse here: http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1108672562_sNuwU

They are scattered among the regular MDR menus and other food photos. Just a heads up, they're probably the same or similar as the 10 day ones you saw. Celebrity menus are fleetwide.

As for food allergies, it's best to talk with the Maitre D' upon boarding and discuss his issues. They can guide you as to what dishes to avoid and possibly even make special accommodations. I imagine this is especially true in Blu, as it's a much smaller dining venue than the MDR.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0AZBK-JzLUuM2ZGhyYzU1NGhfNTc3NmRmZmd3Z2Y&sort=name&layout=list&pid=0B5BK-JzLUuM2YzIzOWI0OWYtZWE5Ny00NWRiLTg2NTctNGRiMDllNzNkZDMx&cindex=4

We were on Eclipse last week, and I can tell you the order of our menus in Blu (I know you will be on Solstice, but maybe someone else can confirm.) Night 1, we had menu #1 from the 10 day menus. Night 2, we had menu #2. Night 3, we had menu # 7. Night 4, we had menu#4. Night 5, we ate in Murano. Night 6, we had menu #9. Night 7, we had menu #6. I have to say the menus were heavily focused on seafood, but DH enjoyed his meals even though he prefers meat dishes. Favorites of his were the beef carpaccio and red peper empanadas for appetizers, the NY pepper steak and ribeye and rack of lamb for entrees, as well as most of the soups and salads. Portions were small, even for a cruise ship meal, but everything was cooked perfectly which you can't always say for the MDR.

Thanks so much for the info! So there is a steak available nightly in Blu like in the MDR? Being allergic to seafood, he is pretty much a meat and potatoes guy. As long as there is a piece of beef of some form available nightly, we should be okay.

Paula

Yes, there is a sirloin steak available nightly in addition to the regular menu ---also grilled chicken and salmon. We didn't try the always available steak, but a man sitting near us did and was not pleased, said it was tough. But I believe there is either beef or lamb on every menu ---- filet mignon, rack of lamb, lamb shank, rib eye steak, NY pepper steak, and short ribs. DH said all were very good, although, as I said before, portions were small. Your son should be fine, especially if you plan to add a specialty restaurant to the mix. By the way, potatoes are seldom included but I hear you can specially request some with your entree.

Edited by cynbar

I requested a baked potato to go with my sirloin in august when the food wasnt appropriate as some seafood does not sit well with me, they were more than happy to accommodate. if the allergies are more severe, they will provide you with the menu's for several days in advance in order to make any necessary changes/alternative suggestions

You can find most of the Blu menus from Eclipse here: http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1108672562_sNuwU

They are scattered among the regular MDR menus and other food photos. Just a heads up, they're probably the same or similar as the 10 day ones you saw. Celebrity menus are fleetwide.

As for food allergies, it's best to talk with the Maitre D' upon boarding and discuss his issues. They can guide you as to what dishes to avoid and possibly even make special accommodations. I imagine this is especially true in Blu, as it's a much smaller dining venue than the MDR.

What a fabulous site you've done there WELL DONE! Really enjoyed looking at that......Thank you.

Jane ;)

I know this is a personal thing, but generally which night is good to go to a specialty rest. what nights do they have the lobster, if any, prime rib, rack of lamb. etc...

thanks ( 7 night eastern carib on the Eclipse)

I know this is a personal thing, but generally which night is good to go to a specialty rest. what nights do they have the lobster, if any, prime rib, rack of lamb. etc...

thanks ( 7 night eastern carib on the Eclipse)

On the ten night Equinox, they have the lobster and the delicious soft shell crabs on the second formal night.

I sailed on the Solstice on June 2010. We ate in Blu 5 of the 7 nights, we ate in Murano one night (5 star IMHO) and Tuscan one night (excellent but not as good as Blu. Blu was fabulous! And their "always available New York Strip steak" was excellent! I had my mother-in-law and 2 grandchildren with with me and between the 4 of us the strip steak was ordered a number of times, each time it was tender and juicy.

The only menu I would add something to would be the night they offer pheasant and lamb chops. 'That' night to me is a good night to go to a specialty restaurant - but I cannot remember which night that was!

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHICH NIGHT ON SOLSTICE BLU OFFERS LAMB CHOPS AND PHEASANT?

What a fabulous site you've done there WELL DONE! Really enjoyed looking at that......Thank you.

Jane ;)

Thanks, Jane! Those are actually my daughter's photos (I'm hopeless with a camera) but I will pass along the compliment. :)

• 4 years later...

Some one in the above posts mentioned that the portions were small in Blu.

Wondering if my husband wants say "surf and turf" can he order it?

If he isn't full on his smaller portion can he order something else?

How does that work? In the MDR you are allowed to order whatever you want and how much you want.

Some one in the above posts mentioned that the portions were small in Blu.

Wondering if my husband wants say "surf and turf" can he order it?

If he isn't full on his smaller portion can he order something else?

How does that work? In the MDR you are allowed to order whatever you want and how much you want.

We always sail AQUA and eat in BLU. You can order as much as you would enjoy....1 or more of anything or everything ..... Many times I do not like what is on the menu and they ALWAYS go somewhere and get what I want for instance mashed potatoes, baked potato, whatever. Just ask. They also always offer mutiple desserts. Don't be shy. You paid to be there.

poolwife: We spent 42 nights in an Aqua stateroom this spring so had a number of dinners in Blu. We didn't find the portions to be small, and certainly, if your husband is not satiated with he can order additional items.

You are so lucky. I really envy you. That would be my dream cruise.

Glad to know my husband can order more if he wants.

We dined in a specialty restaurant on the Constellation in October, 2006 and they gave him a hard time about ordering a second dish and it came out when the rest of us were getting our dessert. He wasn't too happy.

Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind there are plans to "upscale" the BLU menu in the near future due to the opening of Lumenair. We were told it was so Aqua passengers wouldn't feel their restaurant was inferior.

This is great news. The food at Blu is great but a menu change and update is long over due.

Keep in mind there are plans to "upscale" the BLU menu in the near future due to the opening of Lumenair. We were told it was so Aqua passengers wouldn't feel their restaurant was inferior.

That sounds like someone doing "marketing speak"

By design Blu is and should be positioned between the MDR experience and the Luminae experience. It's important to remember that Luminae is one of the drivers for booking suites at their new higher premium prices.

Now it would be nice if Celebrity changed their menus in Blu more often (some of us are tired of the current 14 menus), but don't expect more veal, caviar, maine lobsters and fresh fish in Blu any time soon.

Although it's a strong word....Blu is, will and should remain "inferior", at least by design to Luminae...until they start to cut the Luminae budget and staffing which will inevitably happen over time.

Glad to know my husband can order more if he wants.

We dined in a specialty restaurant on the Constellation in October, 2006 and they gave him a hard time about ordering a second dish and it came out when the rest of us were getting our dessert. He wasn't too happy.

Thanks for the info.

Husband Rudy has ordered 3 lobster tails in specialty restaurant but he ordered all 3 when waiter took our order. While on Infinity on Antarctic cruise a table mate from Ireland ordered 2 steaks every night. I have never been refused anything I requested on any cruise in any restaurant. The customer is always right, even when wrong.

Grace

I will believe it when I see it, but celebrity has to do something with Blu menus after being in blu over 300 days with the same menu. IT IS ABOUT TIME....JUST DO NOT DEPRECIATE THE VALUE