Whats on your CD?

jaguarstyper

I posted this elsewhere on board, but seems relevant here as well:

Have a quick suggestion for music junkies like myself. When on any vacation I take my portable DVD along. You can buy speakers to increase volume if not loud enough through player. Anyway, burn CD's to music files on your computer and then transfer them to a CD as data files, not as music files. Newer DVD players will play them no worries. The advantage is you can put around 125 songs on one CD, bring 2 and you have enough music for any mood.

Ok, heres a question for you all. If you we're making a CD for your upcoming cruise, what 5 songs must be on it?

I use an iPod. I've gout about 8000 songs on it ... most of my CD library. I LOVE my iPod. However, I have a "cruising playlist" that has much of my favorite nautical-type music on it. Here are 5 of my favorites on it:

"Watermusic" by Handel

"You're Not Alone" by ATB

"Orinoco Flow" by Enya

Shubert's Piano Quintet in A

Bach's Brandenburg Concertos (all of em)

I know ... I cheated in that the Shubert and the Bach are all multiple movements ... but ... couldn't pair it down any more than that. Indeed, I must admit that I really enjoy "Take Her To Sea, Mr. Murdoch" from the Titanic Classical soundtrack for departures from port. :)

considdering I would be sharing the "CD" with my family I think I would go with:

1. "Cheek to cheek" -we haven't picked a favorite version just yet-

2. "No shoes, no shirt, no problems" -Kenny Chesney-

3. "Margaritaville" -Buffet-

4. "Remember when" -Alan Jackson-

5. anything (and i mean ANYthing) by Bob Marley

(if i wan't sharing it with my parents, i'd keep #1 & 2

and replace the rest with :

3. "moonlight sonata" -Beethovan-

4. "Take my breath away" -Jessica Simpson-

5. "The way you look tonight" -Frank- )

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the thread. I've been wondering about music in my cabin. I was told by HA that there is some music doo-hickey on the headboard of the bed. Does anyone know what types of music are available on it? Last year we were on Norwegian Star and the only source of music was piped into the "information channel" on the TV. I got so tired of disco, let me tell you. I don't really want to pack my CD player, but wondered what kind of music is played in the cabin. thanx

I've been wondering about music in my cabin. I was told by HA that there is some music doo-hickey on the headboard of the bed. Does anyone know what types of music are available on it?

There's about five different radio stations, with a variety of music, available. I can't remember exactly what the variety is, but IIRC there was a classical, definitely a pop standards, a jumpy-noisy that I didn't like station, the ship announcement station, and (I think) something else.

WOW...We never noticed the "Music doo-hickey" on the bed! Our loss I guess!

My 5 "Must have" songs:

Kind of Blue - Miles Davis

Pirates - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Sloop John B. - Beach Boys

Cheeseburger in Paradise - Jimmy Buffett

Ein Kliene Nachtmusik - Motzart

I guess it's kind of eclectic but I bring a buch of CDs and that's a cross section of the "Must Haves"

Jaguarstyper,

Geesh, I know it's my birthday, but am I that old?? I've never heard ANY of the songs you listed--I have, however, heard of two of the groups.

My list....

"At Last" by Etta James

"Somewhere Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin

"Since I Fell for You" by Lenny Welch

"Smooth" by Santana

"Hey Jude" by the Beatles

Yep, my age is showing......

Archived