Jewel and Nickelodeon

deecruzer

I was thinking of booking the Jewel out of New York on the 4th of June. I believe most schools will not be out for the summer then. Nothing against kids, but we are looking to visit the city and then jump on for a quiet vacation. If anyone has done this can you tell me how visible this Nickelodeon group is? Once again, kids are fine but I want to make sure this is the cruise for us before booking. Thanks for any help.

I was thinking of booking the Jewel out of New York on the 4th of June. I believe most schools will not be out for the summer then. Nothing against kids, but we are looking to visit the city and then jump on for a quiet vacation. If anyone has done this can you tell me how visible this Nickelodeon group is? Once again, kids are fine but I want to make sure this is the cruise for us before booking. Thanks for any help.

We just got off the Jewel last Saturday, from a 10-day. Other than a brief appearance in the Welcome Aboard show on Day 1, we never saw a Nick character or activity. There were Meet & Greets with the characters mentioned in the Daily, but if we hadn't seen the schedule, we wouldn't have known they were on board. Of course, this being a January cruise, there were relatively few kids on the ship. I believe you're correct, that most schools will not be out that early, but keep in mind, at least in SW CT, the private schools are all done by Memorial Day. That said, I wouldn't let the Nick aspect stop me from booking if everything else works. Good luck!

Sailed the Jewel last year at the end of June. The ship was filled with children, but the Nickelodeon activities as well as the regular kids programs kept them well occupied. The ship is crowded but we still enjoyed ourselves. I would not let the Jewel and it's Nick activities stop you. It's a great ship.

From what I have read, it depends. The characters & theme are always there in the kid's program but you don't see them that much other places. However if it's a true "theme cruise" it's all about them. If it's not what you want, make sure if what week it is.

This is another reason that if we go from NYC, we'll take the Gem to avoid all of this.

Archived