How often do you?

Bosyn

I checked but our category has sold out so it doesn't even show up. :( How do you find out the current price if your category doesn't even show up on the screen? We have a 4G but would like to upgrade to a balcony if we come across a good price. Also, if we upgrade to a balcony would we still be eligible for OBC if the price drops? Our cruise is in mid August.

If you cat is sold out, you can always keep watching the prices of cats higher than yours. If they ever go below your base price then you can get the upgrade for free.

Also, as your cruise date gets closer, TAs may release blocks of rooms they had been holding and your cat could suddenly be available again, hopefully at a cheaper price so you can get OBC.

I'm in the same situation. 9As aren't showing up anymore on my cruise, as there are very few (Premium Balc with obstructed view). I just hold out hope that I can at least see the 9Bs fall below my price and get some obc!!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info, I'll do that. I never thought of checking the next category to see if it dropped down to my price, that's an excellent idea. I knew you had to get the same exact cabin as yours to get the OBC so I thought I was screwed. Now I have hope. :)

If you cat is sold out, you can always keep watching the prices of cats higher than yours. If they ever go below your base price then you can get the upgrade for free.

What if you don't want the upgrade--I'm really happy with our cabin (8J extended balcony) and it looks like the next up are on the deck right below Lido. I don't want to be there, so wouldn't want an upgrade--do you know if they'd do OBC instead of upgrading? This is my first time booking ES rate.

Thanks!

:rolleyes: Let me see if I understand this. First let me say....I am a cruise newbie and am waiting for my first cruise. Not knowing the PROPER way to book, we went through a TA. Also, we have already paid in full, even though it wasn't necessary for a few more weeks (I believe). I do not know if I have a Early Saver or Fun Saver rate, but I'm guessing it's the Fun Saver based on the time frame. So if I understand this correctly.

1. I have noticed the price has gone down (only $60.00) for the 3 of us,

2. But since I am paid in full, I cannot get the lower price?

I had read in another thread that it would have had to go through the TA and that can be a hassle, but yeah, I understood that part. Anyway...am I correct? If so, that really stinks, since I paid in full EARLY that is to Carnival's benefit and if it excludes me from any benefit, why did it do it? Arrrrggggg!

Thanks,

Diana

There are a few categories your TA could have booked you under: Fun Select, Fun Saver, or Early Saver. Unless it's ES, they will give you a hard time trying to get a reduction, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

What if you don't want the upgrade--I'm really happy with our cabin (8J extended balcony) and it looks like the next up are on the deck right below Lido. I don't want to be there, so wouldn't want an upgrade--do you know if they'd do OBC instead of upgrading? This is my first time booking ES rate.

Thanks!

yes it is your choice, I was happy with our cabin as well and took the OBC instead, more DOD to have.

yes it is your choice, I was happy with our cabin as well and took the OBC instead, more DOD to have.

That's great to hear! Thank you! :D Now, I'll just cross my fingers that the fare will go down. As of this weekend, ES is no longer available and Fun Saver is $200 more per person, so it'll have to drop quite a bit.

I too am super confused. In my past CCL cruises, I was NEVER called if there was a price drop. I never knew the "ins" until reading this msg and am so happy I did!!

So I DID book the Early Saver for 3 Balcony Rooms. It looks like as of right now, I could save about 90 bux a room... which helps since I am paying for all of them. (almost 300 bux for more onboard fun!).

So it is after hours.. do I just call in the morning and *hope* it's still cheaper? I guess if it is after hours, we are out of luck?

Do I just call the main # and have them match it or do I need to go thru my rep? I really don't feel like he helps me very much with info, etc.. and so I doubt he ever checks for a price reduction. Any advice is super appreciated!

I too am super confused. In my past CCL cruises, I was NEVER called if there was a price drop. I never knew the "ins" until reading this msg and am so happy I did!!

So I DID book the Early Saver for 3 Balcony Rooms. It looks like as of right now, I could save about 90 bux a room... which helps since I am paying for all of them. (almost 300 bux for more onboard fun!).

So it is after hours.. do I just call in the morning and *hope* it's still cheaper? I guess if it is after hours, we are out of luck?

Do I just call the main # and have them match it or do I need to go thru my rep? I really don't feel like he helps me very much with info, etc.. and so I doubt he ever checks for a price reduction. Any advice is super appreciated!

I am not totally sure on how it works. Do a search on this forum for Early Saver form or price drop form and hopefully more info will come up. Good Luck!

This is my first time booking at the ES fare, so I haven't had the opportunity to take advantage of it yet, but I have been reading about it. Be sure to take a screenshot of the lower price and there's a form you need to complete. That's as much as I know, and I'm sure someone will give you instructions. I just wanted to make sure you knew to take a screenshot of the lower price. :D

We were just upgraded from R59 to E45, was this a good move or a mistake, we are on the Fantasy???

You're closer to the activities so that is better, but you're under the area by the back of the showroom. If you go to bed early it might be a concern, but there's a good chance you'll never hear anything. I see you have 2 uppers so I assume you have kids, it could make it easier to get to things from Empress deck.

For those that have booked at cruise already, how often do you check to see if the price has gone down to try and get OBC?

I booked the 6/5/2011 on Legend and I find myself looking daily LOL

Three times a day! It's so easy to check, and once our price went down during the day.

What's a screenshot? And when is final payment due? I booked mine about 2 months before it leaves and I believe my vacation planner just charged it all to my credit card right away.

If you have a Windows computer than you can hit the 'Print Scrn' button. That will copy the screen that you are viewing onto the clipboard. Then you can go into windows or another program and paste it. That is your screenshot.

Here is the link for the Early Saver Form, and like others say make a screen shot of the lower price you have found just in case!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Just an FYI... I called today and got a small reduction in price. While it wasn't a ton of money... I am paying for 3 cruises, so multiplying it by 3 and I saved $200.00!! Anything helps right??!!

I had no idea about this and will keep looking until I sail in October. I would be happy with reduced rates OR OBC!!!

Of the addicted to OBC club! I check all my booked cruises everyday, many times.. Atleast 3, LOL! Right inline with Machs comment!:p

The last 3 cruises for sure I've had OBC. I am cruising in March for my 50th bday and have $70 so far on that one. My cruise in August isnt paid in full yet, but the price has dropped to the tune of $240 since I've booked so thats been adjusted.:D

I love catching the drops, it's quite addicting~

I've gotten a couple drops on the Magic, and the last one went up $57 p/p the morning after I submitted the form. I got the reduction approved after the increase but submitted it while it was down. I had a screen shot, but never had to use it.

Ok - we booked our cruise last week and I see that for the past guest rate, the rate is cheaper with a free upgrade to our level of balcony. We are an 8F....if I am checking correctly a past guest rate has free upgrade to 8F from 8D for about $40 cheaper....can I get them to price match this?

Archived