The truth about Bare Minerals....please!!!!

Bargeo

No, I had not heard of the mineral veil sandwich before now.

I'll try the MV over the crushed mineral first. If that doesn't work, I'll try and under and over apprach. However, I prefer to only use 2 layers on my face, not 3.

The whole idea, for me, of the crushed mineral base was to eliminate a step, not add one. LOL!

Thanks for the responses.

Jane

I have a question for anyone who has used BM. I am 50 and have NEVER used foundation on my face, just moisturizer, blush and loose powder. My skin is great but am starting to see some uneven tones.:eek: What can this product do for me? I really dislike the idea of having to put make-up on my face.

Sounds like BE would be perfect for you. That's what it does best -- evens out skin tone. You won't even feel like you're wearing anything. There are several other BE threads in this forum you may want to read. Or check out beaddicts.com :)

• 5 weeks later...

My update. I have had our kit for about a month now, and I love the stuff. Thank you all for your help. My daughter loves it too.

my daughter:

It does break her out a little bit, which is new to her since she had had only a few in her whole life. She learned to wash it off as soon as she gets home from school and it fixed that problem. They say you have to get adjusted to it if you are new to makeup as she is, and they were right.

It has made her a little more dry around her forhead, but we went and got her a great mosturizer that fixed the problem. It tones down the redness of her checks perfecly, and her self esteem has soared. I can't thank you all enough for talking about this here.

me:

My face has never looked better. I have even started mixing to make really cool colors. I love love love this stuff!

I am now buying extra samples from a lady on ebay. She is great! Check out www.ColorfulSprinkles.com or find her same name on ebay.

Pssst. If you order from her put "shipBE" in the subject line for free shipping.

I have been intrigued by Bare Minerals but put off by the price. Last week I bought a couple of 'shopping' magazines (Lucky and something else) and one of them had a write-up on the Physician's Formula brand non-talc, mineral-based powder. I found it at Target for 10.99, in three shades: translucent, beige, and bronzer. I bought the translucent version and am quite pleased with it - using all the tips from the Bare Minerals infomercial, of course! I have a couple of patches of melasma (darker skin) on my jawline, and I was able to even them out quite nicely with the PF powder, as well as make my skin look better overall. It's in compact form, but powders up easily to go on the brush.

Does the mineral veil go over or under the bare minerals?

My only complaint about BE was that it made my pores look larger and someone suggested I use the mineral veil for that problem. Today I received it but forgot how I'm supposed to use it. (duh!)

Jane

Jane, it should be used over the bare minerals. However, if it is a hot and humid day try using it under the bare minerals. This is a suggestion that Leslie Blodgett suggested when she was on QVC. It helps keep the bare minerals in place. HTH

Lisa :)

My mom has rosacea (sp.?) on her entire face that just causes it to be very very pink... The Bare Minerals cover it quite nicely. I have occasional acne, and so long as I wear this stuff faithfully and don't overload on chemical garbage, my skin clears right up.

The trick to the application of these powders is the buffing motion. You can, in fact, use very little foundation, so long as you're familiar with the buffing.

The stuff gets expensive (my mom and I have a fair-sized amount of stuff between us), but it's well worth it. I'll never go back to liquid foundation again. :)

I am one of those people that hates to wear makeup. I am now 43 and it has only been in the past 2 years that I've worn it on a regular basis. Bare Minerals has been fabulous. Its feels sheer. I don't feel like my skin is all gunked up and best of all I don't have to reapply it three times a day. I buy the large sizes and am able to mix it for all times in the year. Lighter during winter months and darker for summer. Of all the makeup products I have ever tried it's the only one that I've been loyal to and buy again and again. It evens out my skin tone, hides the dark spots on my skin and makes my skin look better without looking like I've put on a pound of makeup.

I have tried it a few times (in stores, and from friends) it's just not great for my skin type at all. I have oily skin, large pores and fine lines. This stuff seems to make the pores really stand out as well as the lines. Argh! I really wanted to like it too! Oh well, back to the liquid foundation with powder over the top.

I've been using it for over 5 yrs and wouldn't use anything else. I get great coverage. I have roseacea and it even covers it completely. If I'm having one of the really bad flareups, I'll just use a little bisque first, then the foundation. I love I can get really good coverage on the red but still don't have any noticeable makeup lines because it blends with the tone of my skin.

It took me a couple of months, but I finally got the hand of applying it, and now I LOVE it. First, I cover all trouble spots with a small (about 3/8") brush, then use a kabucki brush to apply it all over. Then I top i with a smidge of bronzing powder, and it's great. Doesn't rub off on things, lasts all day. I have sensitive, problematic skin and it does great.

To get the starter kit its $60.00. I just got it the other day - and I absolutely love it!!! Stays on all day. Everyone says my skin looks great.

If you have Sephora at your malls, they carry it and they will get you the color that best matches your skin and put it on you to see how you will like it.

Won't use anything else now.

Judy:)

I just ordered the Bare Escentuals 9 pc. Summer Grand makeup collection from QVC. It has skin-rever upper, mineral veil, foundation, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, face brush, eyeshadow brush and a double ended brush. It is an anniversary price of $105.16. I have always wanted to try it but never really thought I would like it. I am a big fan of Estee Lauder make-up. I am hoping I love it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I received my BE products. I was not very happy with it. It made my skin look more dry and with more wrinkles. I have sent it back. It could have very well been my application process that sucked. I don't know but I will stay with my Estee Lauder for now.

Archived