Promenade cabins on VOS

stx4me

Hi All:

We are going to sail on the VOS Apr. 08, 2006 and are wondering which deck is best (6,7,8) for two conncecting promenade cabins for our kids, 4 teenagers. We are mostly concerned about noise from below as well as sightlines. My wife and I will be across the hall in a balcony cabin.

Any specific room recomendations will also be greatly appreciated. Rganks!

In the promanade cabins its very soundproof. I think the only time you will hear anything from the promanade is at the parades and even at that the sounds will be very muffled.

Also in these rooms the people across the way can see into your cabin so when geting changed or anything--close the drapes.

I would pick deck 7. Its between decks of cabin spaces and not public areas. you also want to stay midship so you can see whats going on on the Promanade deck. If you get a cabin too close to the front or too far back your site line will be a bridge. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a promanade cabin

I was in a promenade cabin onVoyager deck 7, midship cabin 7283. The view of the promenade was perfect. It was not noisy at all. From deck 7 it felt like being on deck 6 would have been less private (too close to the people strolling down the promenade) and deck 8 would be just a tad too far for the best view of the parades. Any connecting cabins that are close to 7283 or 7583 would be ideal. (7283 and 7583 were NOT connecting cabins).

Thanks for the information.

We are looking at cabins 7291/7293 for the kids and 7290 for the wife and I. Our TA tells us that these are the only good connecting cabins left on deck 7. Odd, this cruise is still 13 months away!!

Oh well, we will be putting the deposit down tomorrow. This cruise is a last 'all kids at home vacation' as one will be graduating in May of 2006. The graduating one has been on many cruises in the past but this will be the first for the other three. We live in Ohio so will be flying in as well.

Again, thanks for your advice.

We stayed on deck 6 with adjoining rooms for our sons. Stayed on the end overlooking the Cafe Promenade. Never heard a thing except for parades and then got a bird's eye view of all the festivities. Loved our view as the Cafe was always busy and good for people wathcing.:) I would book it again in a heartbeat!:D

Archived