Montreal Trudeau Airport

Regarding the international arrival terminal for Air Canada from the United States, is it a long walk from the gate to the nearest restroom. In Vancouver, it is an extremely long walk IMO from the gate to the nearest restroom, and I wonder if the same is true for Montreal-Trudeau. A strange question I know but I hope someone has the answer. Thanks.

Neither of those actually help. When you arrive in Montreal you walk up and over the departure gates, completely separated from departures, for security purposes. There is no map of the corridor from the gates to CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency.)

There is another concern, there are a lot of gates, so it does depend on which gate the plane arrives. Canadian airlines have the closer gates (gates are assigned by bid, and Canadian airlines have more interest in better gates and bid more.)

I called the airport and the information department couldn't really tell me, other than there are a number of bathrooms available after you arrive.

I do remember that there was one just before you go down from the hallway to customs & immigration. And I remember that there is one after customs & immigration after you go down for luggage collection. (Which is the one that I frequently use, since I figure that I have time before my luggage arrives.)

When you leave the plane, there should be a golf cart waiting. That man can quickly point you at the washroom or give you a lift. The US arrival wing was built and opened only a few years ago.

Remember, when you arrive at Montreal's airport, you will be directed UP and over the departures lounge. Very different than what most people are used to in the US where you leave the plane and you are in a common area.

In Montreal English, we usually say toilet (in French it's toilette) but we do use bathroom, restroom and washroom as well.

Montreal English isn't the same as the rest of Canada.... we don't turn lights on and off in Montreal, we open and close lights. (As just one example.)

Depending on where your airplane arrives you will pass several toilets (called Wash Rooms in Canada when speaking English). However most people move as quickly as possible to get to the immigration lines.

In Montreal English, we usually say toilet (in French it's toilette) but we do use bathroom, restroom and washroom as well.

Montreal English isn't the same as the rest of Canada.... we don't turn lights on and off in Montreal, we open and close lights. (As just one example.)

Now that you bring it up, I can't remember what the sign on the door said!

Sorry.

Now that you bring it up, I can't remember what the sign on the door said!

Sorry.

I assume that the sign was just a pictogram as is the usual with most things in Quebec. But the airport is federal territory, so everything written in 100% bilingual.

• 1 month later...
I assume that the sign was just a pictogram as is the usual with most things in Quebec. But the airport is federal territory, so everything written in 100% bilingual.

By the time my cruise finally comes up I will be the best, well versed tourist.LOL! You are truely a wealth of info.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll attempt to remember to go on the plane before I arrive. Once I got challenged by airport security for seeking a "washroom" right after arrival. "why did you leave your bags?'..he demanded. My response...."I did not Leave my bags...I only stopped by the loo before I picked them up"

Since then I drain the tank before I arrive !

\/\/\/\/\/

Archived