Egypt and Israel cruise prices

beebee

We are not scheduled for our cruise that includes Egypt and Alexandria until May but here is my question. Not only am I concerned about safety, even though our trip is not scheduled until 5 months from now, but I am wondering about the price of the cruise. Unfortunately our final payment is due the beginning of Feb. I cannot imagine that a Holy Land cruise would be that popular right now. I am concerned because once you make final payment you cannot benefit from any price reductions. I do realize that prices can go up but this is kind of a different situation. Am I better off waiting and rebooking or just going ahead as planned.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Can you clarify the question?

As far as security, if there is any risk Azamara will either have another sea day, or more likely find another port. Someone on the Middle East board on CC who is on a NCL ship posted that their substitute for Alexandria this weekend is Istanbul.

It sounds like you are not happy with the price you are paying for your cruise, so if it does not go down before final payment you are considering canceling the cruise? Do you have refundable airfare?

As far as re-booking, are you looking at 2012? The prices look very similar.

If you cancel looking for a lower fare you may be subject to a standard prohibition. Often the lower fare, if it should be offered, is for new bookings only and those who have cancelled are not eligible for a reduction.

I could foresee some perk being added to those who retain their booking. They may not be evident until you board, but I'd think they would do everything to make it even better than the regular, wonderful cruise experience.

No cruise line would voluntarily take their ship and their precious cargo (passengers) into harms way. Azamara will give great thought to porting in Egypt. If order can be restored, and we all hope that it can be, they will proceed with caution and alter the itinerary if need be.

I wish you, the passengers and crew a safe voyage, and may the citizens of Egypt find peace.

We are not scheduled for our cruise that includes Egypt and Alexandria until May but here is my question. Not only am I concerned about safety, even though our trip is not scheduled until 5 months from now, but I am wondering about the price of the cruise. Unfortunately our final payment is due the beginning of Feb. I cannot imagine that a Holy Land cruise would be that popular right now. I am concerned because once you make final payment you cannot benefit from any price reductions. I do realize that prices can go up but this is kind of a different situation. Am I better off waiting and rebooking or just going ahead as planned.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Beebee !

I agree with Jade & Alcpa's comments. For starters, no cruise line is knowingly going to take you into harm's way. Regarding the problems in Egypt, your sailing is 5 months away. Hopefully, it will be resolved by then. If not, the ship will not be making port calls in the vicinity. Safety is always of the utmost concern.

As for whether you should cancel and wait for the sailing to get closer, there is no definitive answer. You could certainly take a chance, but you will probably have to pay a cancellation fee. On top of that, you will lose your cabin. If it's in a good location, thats definitely something to think about. Most importantly, as Alcpa mentioned, if you cancel and re-book, you will probably not be entitled to any new promotions, as many of them state "for new bookings only".

Another item to consider... Journey & Quest carry 670 passengers, so they can fill up quickly. As an example - I've noticed many of Journey's Caribbean sailings had large availability a few weeks ago. As of today, the remaining sailings are quite full. For those who waited for price drops, they lost out.

The bottom line ? If you are happy with the ship, the itinerary, and cabin location, you should probably stick with what you have, or risk losing the sailing. I hope this helps !

Hi Beebee !

I agree with Jade & Alcpa's comments. For starters, no cruise line is knowingly going to take you into harm's way. Regarding the problems in Egypt, your sailing is 5 months away. Hopefully, it will be resolved by then. If not, the ship will not be making port calls in the vicinity. Safety is always of the utmost concern.

As for whether you should cancel and wait for the sailing to get closer, there is no definitive answer. You could certainly take a chance, but you will probably have to pay a cancellation fee. On top of that, you will lose your cabin. If it's in a good location, thats definitely something to think about. Most importantly, as Alcpa mentioned, if you cancel and re-book, you will probably not be entitled to any new promotions, as many of them state "for new bookings only".

Another item to consider... Journey & Quest carry 670 passengers, so they can fill up quickly. As an example - I've noticed many of Journey's Caribbean sailings had large availability a few weeks ago. As of today, the remaining sailings are quite full. For those who waited for price drops, they lost out.

The bottom line ? If you are happy with the ship, the itinerary, and cabin location, you should probably stick with what you have, or risk losing the sailing. I hope this helps !

Well said Andy

We are booked for the 2012 return from India to Athens. Appears there is only 1 other cabin on our floor occupied (an inside cabin) and only for the first leg. We booked early for the cabin & the B2B guarantee. This will be a fantastic cruise, a real adventure:

1. When this is over in the Red Sea area the ship will fill up quickly and the shore ex operators will be going out of their way to erase the bad press.

2. If the ship doesn't fill, we will get even better service on board.

3. If the Red Sea doesn't clean up, we are guaranteed quite an adventure because Az will get us to Athens, but by what route and with what port changes who knows. Because of the trip break point being in Egypt, the options are quite exciting, and well worth the gamble.

Wripro..no need to be obnoxious.

As for the rest of you, thank you for your insightful and intelligent comments. You have helped make my decision easierer. I will stick with my plans and enjoy the cruise.

Wripro..no need to be obnoxious.

As for the rest of you, thank you for your insightful and intelligent comments. You have helped make my decision easierer. I will stick with my plans and enjoy the cruise.

Hello to you all,

Hi beebee, I’m glad to learn of your decision to continue with what you have. Also, I want to thank Andy for his excellent response and solid advice – he’s so wise. Like all of you, I value his insight. Further, I wanted to let you know that I gained a deeper understanding of your thought-process when you make your decision to purchase your vacation within the context of our promotional pricing offers.

I reiterate alcpa1’s wish that “the citizen of Egypt find peace.”

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Well said Andy

We are booked for the 2012 return from India to Athens. Appears there is only 1 other cabin on our floor occupied (an inside cabin) and only for the first leg. We booked early for the cabin & the B2B guarantee. This will be a fantastic cruise, a real adventure:

1. When this is over in the Red Sea area the ship will fill up quickly and the shore ex operators will be going out of their way to erase the bad press.

2. If the ship doesn't fill, we will get even better service on board.

3. If the Red Sea doesn't clean up, we are guaranteed quite an adventure because Az will get us to Athens, but by what route and with what port changes who knows. Because of the trip break point being in Egypt, the options are quite exciting, and well worth the gamble.

Well, we are booked on this cruise this April. How do you think we feel. Even if we skip Alexandria, we will still be in Egypt as the ship needs to go through the Suez Canal to get to Athens. This trip will not fill so I guess we will have lots of space on the ship and we expect great service. We are just concerned that the ship will not stop anywhere. The itinerary is much better in 2012 with multiple port stops.

...... The itinerary is much better in 2012 with multiple port stops.

It certainly is. My DW putting off her retirement a year has us on the 2012 trip instead of this year. I guess there was one benefit that came out of the 2008 market melt down :rolleyes:.

My guess (and I am no expert) is that this situation has no more than a week left in it and then things will be back to normal. I suspect you will get your Egypt shore time...The people who control things over there are loosing too much $$$ for this to go on much longer.

Archived