1/21/2011 My wedding on the Carnival Destiny Review

kieterfly

I got married on the Carnival Destiny while in port at Key west on January 21,2011 which was the second day of our cruise. I had A wedding for you that put together the ceremony which started 15 minutes late but other than that it went very well. I waited in my room with my bridesmaids and my Grandfather while they were setting up the Criterion lounge for the wedding ceremony. I had labeled everything I brought, like if it was for the ceremony or the reception and they got everything right. I had brought my own cd for the ceremony music and it played perfect. I also brought my own cd with the first dance songs and a cd with music to play through out the reception and the dj played that with no problems at all. I didnt have to show any original cds. The ceremony was beautiful and the photographer took some pics of the wedding party right after it. We then headed to the reception that was held on the point after disco. They announced us as husband and wife , then we cut the cake , had some speeches, and then we did our first dance. I didnt get to eat any of the food but I heard everything was great. The drinks were great, everyone got a little drunk from that open bar so I got my moneys worth! My wedding cake was delicious, it was vanilla with strawberry filling. Even my mom loved it and she doesnt like strawberry. We then did the bouquet toss and the garder toss. Everything went by so fast, I still cant believe its all over. The video came out great, I highly recomend getting it because it goes by so fast you can always go back and watch the video. I got the $750 package for the pictures. I wasn't planning on spending that much but they came out really good. I t was hard choosing which ones to get so I tried to get pictures of the wedding party , family, and the main points of the wedding and reception. All in all I had an amazing time and would highly recommend doing a wedding cruise. I got everything I wanted in a wedding without spending a ridiculous amount of money on it.

Here are some pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2107557&id=1342786321&saved

I got married on the Carnival Destiny while in port at Key west on January 21,2011 which was the second day of our cruise. I had A wedding for you that put together the ceremony which started 15 minutes late but other than that it went very well. I waited in my room with my bridesmaids and my Grandfather while they were setting up the Criterion lounge for the wedding ceremony. I had labeled everything I brought, like if it was for the ceremony or the reception and they got everything right. I had brought my own cd for the ceremony music and it played perfect. I also brought my own cd with the first dance songs and a cd with music to play through out the reception and the dj played that with no problems at all. I didnt have to show any original cds. The ceremony was beautiful and the photographer took some pics of the wedding party right after it. We then headed to the reception that was held on the point after disco. They announced us as husband and wife , then we cut the cake , had some speeches, and then we did our first dance. I didnt get to eat any of the food but I heard everything was great. The drinks were great, everyone got a little drunk from that open bar so I got my moneys worth! My wedding cake was delicious, it was vanilla with strawberry filling. Even my mom loved it and she doesnt like strawberry. We then did the bouquet toss and the garder toss. Everything went by so fast, I still cant believe its all over. The video came out great, I highly recomend getting it because it goes by so fast you can always go back and watch the video. I got the $750 package for the pictures. I wasn't planning on spending that much but they came out really good. I t was hard choosing which ones to get so I tried to get pictures of the wedding party , family, and the main points of the wedding and reception. All in all I had an amazing time and would highly recommend doing a wedding cruise. I got everything I wanted in a wedding without spending a ridiculous amount of money on it.

Here are some pictures.

Yay!! I've been waiting for your review..I am doing the exact same thing..2nd day wedding on the Destiny in Port of Key West..and my ceremony will be between the critirion or the palladium. You looked Beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!

So glad to hear that you really enjoyed it all!!

Can I ask some questions????

1. How long was your reception?

2. was dj offended when you gave him cd's of dance music to play?

3. any advice, suggestions, warnings that you can offer?

Thank you for posting your review!!

Congrats again!!!! :D

congrats on your wedding I am also get married this year in July. So i am getting anxious for the day

Here are some pictures.

Yay!! I've been waiting for your review..I am doing the exact same thing..2nd day wedding on the Destiny in Port of Key West..and my ceremony will be between the critirion or the palladium. You looked Beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!

So glad to hear that you really enjoyed it all!!

Can I ask some questions????

1. How long was your reception?

2. was dj offended when you gave him cd's of dance music to play?

3. any advice, suggestions, warnings that you can offer?

1.My reception was 1 and half hour , we got there alittle late due to the ceremony starting a little late.

2. I gave the cds to the wedding coordinator with all of my other stuff and they got played no questions asked. The dj was really nice and didnt mind at all. We had to remind him about the bouquet toss and garder toss though. I forgot to write that in the note that was given to the dj so just make sure if you would like to have those things to write it on the letter of instructions. I realized later in the ceremony I had forgotten so we just told him and he did it with no problem. I never showed any original cds. I had 2 original cds just in case but Ill be returning them now since I never even opened them.

3. Just make sure you lable all of your stuff for the coordinators. I took post its put it on every item i had and separated everything by wedding ceremony stuff and reception stuff. I had alot of stuff so I figured that would help ease some confusion as to what goes where. I also made letters of instructions for the photographer, wedding coordinate for the ceremony, and one for the coordinator for the reception, and also one for the dj. They got everything right so I guess it worked I didnt have to worry about where what was and where it should be because they had it all right. Enjoy every second of it, I actually miss making all the stuff for the wedding and I still cant believe after all that work its finally over.Oh yeah, make sure you eat before the wedding , eat good because my husband didnt eat enough so when it came to the open bar time he wanted to get his moneys worth and he sure did. He actually got sick that night and we missed lobster night :(. Dont panic about anything just enjoy the day because it is the brides day! :) cant wait to hear your review. good luck.

Archived