Pre cruise Hotel through Disney

FoghornLeghorn

Are you flying into Orlando? The Hyatt at the airport is very convenient and you can usually get great deals on Hotwire. Otherwise, you may want to just look for some hotel recommendations near the port. I don't think it would be worth it to stay at a Disney hotel for one night and then shuttle to the port. I'm sure others on here will have some great ideas.

I don't think Disney does anything at the port. But there are plenty of hotels in the Cocoa Beach area from which to choose. There is a Hampton Inn right there near the port on Cocoa Beach. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you can stay there and get points.....or use points you already have to stay for free : )

Are you flying into Orlando? The Hyatt at the airport is very convenient...

crzgrl66 is absolutely right. The Hyatt inside Orlando Int'l Airport seems perfect for a one night stay before a cruise. After your flight, there's no shuttle or taxi you have to catch - just go right up the elevator from the terminal to your room. The next morning you can then just take the Disney Transfers or hire your own shuttle to take you to the cruise port from the airport.

It seems like quite a hassle to go all the way to a resort at WDW just for one night. I love the WDW resorts, but wouldn't stay there just for a night when I would have to check out anyway the next morning.

I should also add that if you do stay inside the airport at the Hyatt, there are plenty of shops and restaurants inside the terminal (and they're outside of security, so anyone can visit them). Orlando Int'l is one of the nicer airports in the USA.

Thanks everyone!

It would be awfully rushed to head to WDW....sigh...

Just hard to get that close and not go LOL

The Hyatt sounds nice and a good relaxing way to spend the evening before the cruise.

Good to know there are shops and places to eat.

Disney quoted me 215.00 to add that on the cruise (for 2 people)

About the same as the travel websites.

She said they would pick up our luggage the next morning and we'd see it again in our cabin on the ship. We'll meet the Disney rep at the Hyatt and go get on the disney transport bus.

If anyone has done that, let me know...

Thanks everyone!

It would be awfully rushed to head to WDW....sigh...

Just hard to get that close and not go LOL

The Hyatt sounds nice and a good relaxing way to spend the evening before the cruise.

Good to know there are shops and places to eat.

Disney quoted me 215.00 to add that on the cruise (for 2 people)

About the same as the travel websites.

She said they would pick up our luggage the next morning and we'd see it again in our cabin on the ship. We'll meet the Disney rep at the Hyatt and go get on the disney transport bus.

If anyone has done that, let me know...

I did this just last year. very convenient. But remember, the airport shops close around 8 or so. You will then be stuck with whatever the hotel has to offer. We walked from the American Airlines terminal to the hotel and checked in. Got a room overlooking the terminal with a balcony. Very interesting to see it from that angle. Got instructions at the hotel check-in desk as to how to hook up with DCL. Followed them to the letter and we didn't see our bags again, after a nights sleep, until we boarded. It was a bit disconcerting leaving our bags behind, but everything worked out for the best. Since DCL hooked us up for our return airline trip, we left our bags on the ship and didn't see them until we got back to LA.

Mug,

I asked DCL about them picking up the luggage the last morning and not having to see it again until I go to my home airport...

She said they didn't do that.

we'll be on the Dream, so maybe they don't have that for the Dream cruises, I guess.

I've done it with other cruise lines, and I love that service!

Thanks for your response!!

Archived