Upgraded to Empress Level...is this a good thing?

travelmom1

I received my packet from Carnival and it appears that I was upgraded to an Ocean View on the Empress Level on Ecstacy. I originally signed up for a guaranteed inside on the lowest level. Is the Empress level noisy or something?

So far, I haven't seen many people post here that they are going on this cruise on the 26th of March, so maybe the boat is empty! I hope this ship is ok..it's our first cruise and I have read mixed reviews...but we wanted to sail out of Galveston so we were limited with our choices.

Can anyone reassure me???:) :confused:

Empress deck is just a higher deck. Room is the same. Theory is the higher you go in the ship the better. We've been on Empress a number of times - its fine - looks like a good thing for you - congrats!

We love the Empress Deck....we've stayed on it on the Inspiration & the Paradise (both oceanviews) & have booked it again on the Destiny (9a wraparound balcony). We really like it.....hope you do to.

Have fun!

We love the Empress deck too! Both cruises on the Paradise we booked specific cabins on that deck. Walk right down the hall and you are in the atrium. Few decks up is the Lido deck. It is very centrally located. Congrats on the upgrade.

We did a OV Gty and were upgraded to cabins E172 and E174. Our cabins were towards the back of the ship but not absolutely at the back - they were right by the stairs and were close to everything - we loved the location. Also, they weren't noisy. You might have more noise problems the closer you are to the middle of the ship (with the multi-story atrium right there). But, really, Empress level cabins are closer to everything than any other level of cabins. I think you'll enjoy them.

Archived