Gem or Jewel?

richrhon1

We are considering doing our first NCL cruise in March. We are looking at the Gem or Jewel out of NY to save on transportation cost, even though not thrilled with the itinerary. What ship would most people recommend out of the 2?

Thanks for your input.

I've been on the Gem TA out of NYC and found the Gem delightful. I've not been on the Jewel, but IIRC the two are in the same class.

I'd make my decision based on itinerary and dates.

You can check CCs ship review section for more info on both but I'd think you're fine on either one.

Hi, I have been on both-- My choice newer ship -- Gem-- Gem is the top of the line of the jewel class of ships- Just so much to do on her. Bliss is the place if you go on Gem check it out ---

The decore is not to be missed, food is good to excellent -- Cagneys Steak house , LeBistro and Italian all specialty resturants -- MDR has great food too --

shows are all the same -- but the smaller venues around the ship have great entertainment-- this is through out all ncl ships --

On Gem we were in Balcony cabins --- great

On the Jewel we were in the Garden Villa an altogether different animal -

One of my favorite ship is Dawn--she is now going to go out of Boston -- worth the ride from NY.-- we are in the Garden Villa -- different set up then on the Jewel -- want to check it out.

Someone asks this same question every other day... Do a search on here and you'll find many opinions on this topic ;) As for me, I'll be on the Jewel in May but I didnt have to choose between the 2 since Jewel's 9 day carribbean itinerary caught my eye

Here... did the search for ya! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=19347729

We have done 2 TAs each on the Jewel and the Gem, all 4 in a BA aft cabin.. Both are very nice ships, we'd go again on either one. We have a slight preference for the Jewel, because her buffet is laid out nicer than the Gem's. If you don't use the buffet, flip a coin. You can't go wrong.

Archived