Carnival Master Card

leedm

If you have a Carnival Master Card you need to look at the wedsite. Starting May 1 2011 the amout of fun points you need to redeem Carnival items or a cruise will go up. Use the fun points calculator to see the difference.

leedm :mad::mad:

Thanks for info. This stinks. Was using it to pay on my upcoming July trip and was going to have just enough for the OBC I wanted but now I'm not going to bother. I'll use my Chase card and get a $200 gift card instead.

I had the card....then didn't use it for 3 months and they cancelled me due to non-use! Lost all my points. What credit card cancels you after not using it for three months! I did not re-open the account as I had lost all my points.

I have pointed out in the past how the CCL card was chintzy and people should look for a different card because they only gave back 1%. I know people fixate on getting something for a cruise, but there are cards for air lines and hotels that give much better return and when you get down to it, the bottom line is to make vacations cheaper. A $100 credit for a cruise might sound great, but I'd rather have $1200 in free airline travel or $800 in free hotel stays, thank you.

I have pointed out in the past how the CCL card was chintzy and people should look for a different card because they only gave back 1%. I know people fixate on getting something for a cruise, but there are cards for air lines and hotels that give much better return and when you get down to it, the bottom line is to make vacations cheaper. A $100 credit for a cruise might sound great, but I'd rather have $1200 in free airline travel or $800 in free hotel stays, thank you.

You're right. My $3800 cruise was only going to get me $50 OBC!

You're right. My $3800 cruise was only going to get me $50 OBC!

Eight years ago, the old Capital One CCL card would give $200 cruise discount or obc with the purchase of $9000. My favorite was the CA "champagne", just $600 in purchases would net you a bottle of wine that would sell for $30 + tip on ship (over 5% return).

We once cruised with 6 bottles of that to start our cruise, had to use the points up before they expired.

Another warning on this card...I just had the great idea to pay my balance of $1000 and then turn around and re-charge the card $1000 when booking our next cruise as a way to earn extra points...wasnt I suprised to find out that any payment over $999 is applied to the account but credit is not restored for at least 14 days ( federal law- according to the Carnival card rep)... not so according to the banker I asked... who knows! All I know is I can't book my cruise yet because I gave carnival my $1000.. "(

Another warning on this card...I just had the great idea to pay my balance of $1000 and then turn around and re-charge the card $1000 when booking our next cruise as a way to earn extra points...wasnt I suprised to find out that any payment over $999 is applied to the account but credit is not restored for at least 14 days ( federal law- according to the Carnival card rep)... not so according to the banker I asked... who knows! All I know is I can't book my cruise yet because I gave carnival my $1000.. "(

pbmsmile,

I put around 5k on my 1k limit card during the month of January by paying it off 1k at a time. I pay online at the Carnival Card website. It usually takes 2 - 3 days for each payment to post and the credit is available immediately thereafter.

I'm not sure what federal law is involved in making credit available, but I've never had an issue with delays in payments posting nor credit being available.

I got an email from Carnival today stating that I been chosen for a special offer by CCL. When I opened it, it was for a MC Fun Ship Pass credit card. They wanted all of my perninent info with SS # and bank info. Nedless to say I did not respond.

You are very correct. Last month I did the same thing. I had paid enough to cover my minimum payment of $70, that credit was available right away. Then I decided to pay $500 one week later so I could turn around and charge $500 to pay toward my July cruise (to get the points). The payment posted but the money wasn't available and I kept waiting and waiting. I called and the rep said they have to wait 7 to 10 days before releasing the money, but the excuse was to make sure nothing comes back returned from my bank. I can understand that, but that never happens when I pay the minimum. So, either they are holding off on releasing credit now for 7 to 10 days or maybe only when you submit a large payment. My credit was available on exactly the 7th day.

I always pay online.

My Carnival cards goes unused. I apply all my travel and charges to my Miles Discover card which has better rewards. I redeemed most of my points already on Carnival card so if they cancel it, I'm good with that. Their interest is outrageous anyway. For someone with credit scores in the mid eight hundreds, I don't understand how they get away with 23% interest.:rolleyes: Of course I've never paid them any interest but its the principal of it. With my Discover card, I get $100 credit for every 10K points I redeem on travel expenses so I've earned $200 so far and never paid them a dime either.:) Just free money.

I believe they do put a hold on it if it is outside of your normal pattern. I routinely charge large amounts and pay them off and there is not a hold. YMMV.

In totally agree...I always charge a lot on the card, but then pay it off each month...never have I been told I can't charge...

Archived