So dissapointed trying to pay for an upgrade

novellaherman

With all due respect to your travel agent, I suggest you make them submit the form on your behalf for exactly what you're requesting. Sometimes the phone agents aren't fully aware of what can and cannot be done. The team that handles Early Saver price protection requests certainly do. You may be surprised.

Just my two cents.

OP isn't asking for a price-match for a drop in her booked Cabin/Category, which is standard and can be handled by submitting a Price Adjustment form.

OP wants to buy-up gto a different cabin/category at the Military rate, which IMO isn't addressed under the Price Adjustment form. As Tapi suggests, IMO she has to buy-up, then request a price-match.

ken

I think there might be one flaw with the purchase then price form scenario...

If this is the only cabin in that category available (which is likely), once she upgrades to it, there will be no cabin at that price to price match to.

She has to decide if she wants to upgrade for the +$950, or keep status quo...

Just my 2 cents....

OP isn't asking for a price-match for a drop in her booked Cabin/Category, which is standard and can be handled by submitting a Price Adjustment form.

OP wants to buy-up gto a different cabin/category at the Military rate, which IMO isn't addressed under the Price Adjustment form. As Tapi suggests, IMO she has to buy-up, then request a price-match.

ken

I guess I'm more of the "doesn't hurt to try" mentality.

Thanks for all your different ideas........I think I will call again and ask if I can buy in at the 950$ price increase and then right after ask for the military rate (since we do qualify

)..........I guess it never hurts to ask right? We are 75 days out from our cruise and I was shocked to see 2 aft wrap balconies available. That is what started all this.......then I read how everyone loves them and thought it would be really fun to book one if I could. Thanks again everyone

I just wanted to report.......and let you all know that I am in an AFT WRAP BALCONY!! I would like to really say how wonderful the TA was that helped me!!! She was just the one that happened to answer today and she was GREAT!! Also Carnival Cruise lines was wonderful as well. They mentioned that we had cruised with them several times and allowed us to pay for our upgrade but at the military rate (which we qualify for) We should have booked Military to start with and that was our error. I am very grateful to carnival for helping us out!! Now I will dream of what a wonderful oversized balcony is like.......DH is worried that once I get a taste for an oversided balcony I will never go back. Thanks so much for all the help and advice.......the best being.....give it another try.

I just wanted to report.......and let you all know that I am in an AFT WRAP BALCONY!! I would like to really say how wonderful the TA was that helped me!!! She was just the one that happened to answer today and she was GREAT!! Also Carnival Cruise lines was wonderful as well. They mentioned that we had cruised with them several times and allowed us to pay for our upgrade but at the military rate (which we qualify for) We should have booked Military to start with and that was our error. I am very grateful to carnival for helping us out!! Now I will dream of what a wonderful oversized balcony is like.......DH is worried that once I get a taste for an oversided balcony I will never go back. Thanks so much for all the help and advice.......the best being.....give it another try.

Way to Go!!! thanks for posting your results. You should still be Early Saver (and just got the Cabin at the Military Rate) - did they state/clarify this?

Ken

I just wanted to report.......and let you all know that I am in an AFT WRAP BALCONY!! I would like to really say how wonderful the TA was that helped me!!! She was just the one that happened to answer today and she was GREAT!! Also Carnival Cruise lines was wonderful as well. Thanks so much for all the help and advice.......the best being.....give it another try.

Love to hear happy endings...Glad it worked out well for you guys!

Archived