getting picked up from the port after cruise question

MOMtoTwins

this is my first carnival cruise(on the liberty out of miami) and the first cruise where family will be picking us up afterwards and i am not sure how to plan that with them.

how do you know what time you will be getting off the ship to tell your family to meet you? how have other people handled this?

I had the same question.. it will be the first time I have someone pick me up from the port.. I see that we will be off the Liberty at 8:00am.. what is the latest you are allowed to stay on the ship?.. do they have the breakfast buffet open that morning?.. personally I'd like to stay on as long as possible and then be picked up.. can someone help with my questions.. thxs

I had the same question.. it will be the first time I have someone pick me up from the port.. I see that we will be off the Liberty at 8:00am.. what is the latest you are allowed to stay on the ship?.. do they have the breakfast buffet open that morning?.. personally I'd like to stay on as long as possible and then be picked up.. can someone help with my questions.. thxs

Yes the breakfast buffet will be open on the last morning. Usually by 9 or 9:30 they will make you get off the ship! It all depends on when they actually start debarking.

They want you off the ship as soon as possible so they can start cleaning and getting ready to get new passengers on board. If you clear customs on time then by 9-9:30 you are out of there. Breakfast on the last day is hurried and always seems sort of chaotic to me. And usually by the last day I am ready to leave and see my family. I am usually the one picking everyone up so I wait near the port and they call when they clear customs and it's plenty of time to get there and pick them up. If it's Bayonne I ask what # is on the building in front of them, in other ports, what ship were they on, etc.

. I see that we will be off the Liberty at 8:00am.. what is the latest you are allowed to stay on the ship?.. do they have the breakfast buffet open that morning?.. personally I'd like to stay on as long as possible and then be picked up.. can someone help with my questions.. thxs

your ship docks at 8am- doesnt mean you can get off at 8am. You will need to wait until the ship clears. (if you hear names being called-- they need to settle the accounts- ship can not clear if accounts are still opened)

then they start allowing self assist off

You canbe the last off around 10 or so,

you can walk off the ship at 10:00 but need to go through Customs.

Depending on how crowded that line is - is how long it will take you.

Buffet is opened until 9am (so is the dining room)

Almost every cruiser will be at the buffet that last morning.

Go to the dining room for a more relaxing experinece

Archived