Mr Sanchos

lucygoosey

You have asked this over and over and I feel compelled to answer you even tho I have no idea...someone who has been recently please let this nice person know about the pool!!!

Thank you...:D I am just a wee bit impatient sometimes...

I will be there on April 2 and if no one has replied by then, & it's not too late; I'll be glad to let you know. :)

I would go to the website and send them an email asking. They reply very quick. Also, I think there might be a picture of the pool on there.

I know there is someone here on CC who can/will help you...they just need to read your question. Rarely does anyone post any question; regardless how random (your's isn't random)...that they don't get a bunch of replies from helpful folks here on CC!!

Good luck...and I'll let you know the 1st week of April when we get home!

Karen

That will be great..we won't be there till Dec...

Another Karen...:)

Can someone tell me how easy it is to get in & out of the pools at mr sanchos? I didn't see any type of hand rail in the one picture posted here...my friend has mobilty issues due to knee replacement & I'm trying to find a place for us that will be easy for her to get in & out of the pool...

We were just at Mr Sanchos on March 16th. Loved the beach and the food!

I also have mobility issues due to reconstructive surgery on my hip following cancer, and can understand her situation.

However, I did not use the pool, as it is also the swim up bar pool, but have pics that I am in the process of downloading. If I remember correctly the sides of the pool come up around the stairs that would allow your friend to lean on to get in and out.

My DH and I don't drink. We are traveling with our two kids ages 13 & 15. If we don't do the AI will we look like outcasts? It sounds like there is a specific area set aside for AI people. Will we get the 'lower quality' area of the resort? How much is the food if you choose to order and pay? Is there chairs and/or umbrellas for the non AI folks?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a copy of their menu with prices? Their website doesn't show prices. I'm trying to decide which would be better..Mr. Sanchos or Paradise. I see that Paradise charges for lounge chairs now though.

Are the frozen drinks safe to drink? Concerned about the Mexican water and ice.

We've been going to Mexico several times a year for 27 years and never gotten sick from the water, ice, frozen drinks or from anything we've eaten. By law they have to use purified water in restaurants and ice made from purifed water.

Kelane, did you make it to Mr Sancho's? Hoping to hear your review..and especially any info on the pool....:D

Toadies, if you have pic's that would be great!! It does sound like my friend will probably be able to get in & out ok...

thanks

Kelane, did you make it to Mr Sancho's? Hoping to hear your review..and especially any info on the pool....:D

thanks

Hi...

Sorry, I should have updated you sooner. We had a death in the family late the Monday night before we were to cruise on Thursday; so we had to cancel. (and nope, no trip insurance on that cruise...wouldn't ya know?!)

I sent a note to let the company we booked Mr Sanchoz thru know that we'd not be there. They sent condolences and refunded our deposit to paypal immediately. I had figured they would keep our deposit; but nope. Nice folks. :)

Anyway...we have booked our "'do over" (with insurance!) for May and will be going to Mr. Sanchos on May 14. Mark your calendar and ask again (in case I forget!). I'm excited as it appears we are the only ship in port that day and we should be getting a LOT of attention! Will make a note right not to be sure and check out the pool for easy access.

Blessings!

Karen

We went to Mr. Sanchos two weeks ago. You have the option of paying as you go or doing the all-inclusive. We chose the all-inclusive. It is $50 for unlimited food (except lobster) & drinks or $45 if you book online & pay a $5 deposit. It also includes ocean kayaks & snorkeling equipment. There are lockers available for a $10 deposit. The center section at Mr. Sanchos is reserved for all-inclusives & you get a table with an umbrella & lounge chairs. The service was incredible! We had a wonderful waiter, Roman, that made sure we had everything we could possible want. Very friendly staff!

We sampled MANY of the frozen drinks (the Dirty Monkey was our favorite), beer & a couple of tequila shots. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico right?

We ordered chips & salsa, guacamole (my DH said it was the best he had ever eaten), chicken nachos, chicken fajitas, coconut shrimp & Caribbean fries. All of it was DELICIOUS!

There is so much to do at Mr. Sanchos. There is an infinity pool (kind of small) & they have just built a nice pool with a swim up bar (it was not really finished yet but will be nice). They have swings & hammocks. You can rent ATV's, horseback riding, camel rides, para-sailing, banana boats, jet-skis, get massages (a lady sitting next to us raved about how great it was), get henna tattoos, hair braiding, etc.

We went para-sailing & it was WONDERFUL! My DH & I got to go up together & it was one of the highlights of our trip! We paid $55 each for about 15 minutes after we talked them down from $65. The boat ride out was fun too!

There is an aquatic park at Mr. Sanchos that is an additional $12 each but has great slides & climbing walls & things.

Juli

JULI, I love your review, I have some questions.. I will be cruising May 29th, thru June 5th on the Norweigian Spirit, 4 ports, Costa Maya, Roatan Bay Island, Belize City, Cozumel..... It will be just myself and my Aunt (65), and we only want to go to the beaches.... We love the idea of the "ALL INCLUSIVE", we have traveled and stayed at some resorts in the past, but never cruised. Are the Taxi's at all the ports ? How much is the Taxi ? No reservactions needed at the resorts? Just pay when we get their ? Can you recommend other all inclusive, or beach excursions at all my ports of call ? Any information would be really helpful. Also, is any of these ports have beaches where we can enjoy swiming without taking a Taxi or booking an excursion. I'm not into ,, so crowded you can't get a beach chair....Thanks luckycruiser:confused:

Hi...

Sorry, I should have updated you sooner. We had a death in the family late the Monday night before we were to cruise on Thursday; so we had to cancel. (and nope, no trip insurance on that cruise...wouldn't ya know?!)

I sent a note to let the company we booked Mr Sanchoz thru know that we'd not be there. They sent condolences and refunded our deposit to paypal immediately. I had figured they would keep our deposit; but nope. Nice folks. :)

Anyway...we have booked our "'do over" (with insurance!) for May and will be going to Mr. Sanchos on May 14. Mark your calendar and ask again (in case I forget!). I'm excited as it appears we are the only ship in port that day and we should be getting a LOT of attention! Will make a note right not to be sure and check out the pool for easy access.

Blessings!

Karen

Hi Karen, can you give me the information to book Mr. Sanchos.. Do they have transportation from the resort that picks you up at the port ? and how far is it from the port to the resort ?:confused:

JULI, I love your review, I have some questions.. I will be cruising May 29th, thru June 5th on the Norweigian Spirit, 4 ports, Costa Maya, Roatan Bay Island, Belize City, Cozumel..... It will be just myself and my Aunt (65), and we only want to go to the beaches.... We love the idea of the "ALL INCLUSIVE", we have traveled and stayed at some resorts in the past, but never cruised. Are the Taxi's at all the ports ? How much is the Taxi ? No reservactions needed at the resorts? Just pay when we get their ? Can you recommend other all inclusive, or beach excursions at all my ports of call ? Any information would be really helpful. Also, is any of these ports have beaches where we can enjoy swiming without taking a Taxi or booking an excursion. I'm not into ,, so crowded you can't get a beach chair....Thanks luckycruiser:confused:

Sorry. I can't help. We have only been to Cozumel of the places you listed.

We did go on the Victory to the southern Caribbean with seven islands in seven days last October & was it ever amazing! Definitely try that cruise if you get a chance!

Juli

Hi Karen, can you give me the information to book Mr. Sanchos.. Do they have transportation from the resort that picks you up at the port ? and how far is it from the port to the resort ?:confused:

I booked here. http://www.beachtours.com.mx/Btm/cozumel.html

$45 all inclusive. $5 deposit thru Paypal only.

You are responsible for getting transportation to & from the port. $15/taxi I think.

I would imagine 10 mins taxi ride? We were 10 mins to Playa Mia last trip and someone said they had walked down the beach about a mile and seen Mr. Sanchos. Said "next trip I'm going there"!

I think someone here posted the email from Sanchos with all information; but I'll see if I can find mine and post it again.

btw...not sure what the rules are about links; but hopefully that one is ok. I surely got it from here in the first place!!

Sorry. I can't help. We have only been to Cozumel of the places you listed.

We did go on the Victory to the southern Caribbean with seven islands in seven days last October & was it ever amazing! Definitely try that cruise if you get a chance!

Juli

Hola Karen!, Dear friend!,

Welcome to the beautiful Caribbean island of Cozumel, Mexico. You will admire the incomparable natural beauty of our turquoise blue waters, white sandy beaches, and a great variety of sea life that will give you unforgettable memories of your vacation.

Mi casa es tu casa ( My home is your home ), at Mr. Sancho's you will find the nicest beach, the best facilities, friendly and professional staff plus food and drinks you will remember and miss.

We offer FREE ENTRANCE, no cover, and you can experience our hospitality every day from 9am to 5:30pm.

Our most popular package is certainly the famous Mr Sanchos All Inclusive, which includes:

· Alll you can eat directly from the menu (Except lobster).

· All you want to drink from our open bar with international brands and top shelf drinks (except foreing beers).

· Free snorkel equipment.

· Use of ocean kayaks.

· Our brand new hammocks

· Private Beachside Umbrella on every table.

· Lockers

· More. Just ask!!

This package is priced at $50 usd per Adult, 35 per Teen Ager and 20 per Child and Although reservations are not necessary, are strongly recommended to ensure availability.

We also have an Aquatic Park on site!! At $12 usd per person, for those looking for adrenaline rush.

Internet-Only prices for these and other special packages, are available with our preferred partners at:

Beach Tours Mexico <********************************************>

Cozumel Water Sports <http://www.***********************/>

Did not reserve? Just show up and will take care of you.!!

You can also pay as you go, you are welcome to order a la carte if you prefer, your choice!!!!

Please ask for me, Oliver Muñoz, the sales Manager, when you arrive at the beach club to assist you personally.

If you have any questions please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you. here is my email:

olivermunoz@hotmail.com

Enjoy our famous Tequila Seminar which is available every day with previous reservation at only 45 usd.

The 1 hour and 30 minutes Tequila Seminar features:

· 7 different types of tequila, · Mexican lunch · Open bar during seminar, We were featured by Samantha Brown and the Travel Channel, Here is a link!

Travel Channel - Tequila Tasting Seminar!

<

Newly Wed? We have just what you need!!

Romantic Day at the Beach for 2

Would you like to have a Private Cabana along a Beautiful Beach in Cozumel? We have 2 available at our Club.

Here is what you get:

· Private Cabana with your own Server · In a Prime Location in the Club · Comfortably Furnished and Curtained for Privacy · All-Inclusive Food and Beverages which includes all you can eat directly from the menu and all you want to drink from our open bar · with international brands and top shelf drinks(As Always, we serve off a Menu, not a buffet) · A 30 Minute Swedish Massage in your Cabana for each of you · A Rose for your Loved One · You get all this for the price of a Massage on a Cruise Ship!

Only $95 Per Person (Gratuity is Not included) Space is limited to 2 Cabana per Day Advance Booking is HIGHLY Recommended

Our other famous tours:

· Cost for Wave runner 1/2 hour is $60.00 and $120.00 for 1 hour.

· Parasailing cost is $60.00 per person for 13 minutes up on the air.

· Horseback Riding on the beach and in the jungle $30.00 for the 1/2 hour tour, horses are assigned according to weight and experience.

· ATV Beach and Jungle tour is priced at $40.00 with great trails and sand dunes for fun riding.

· Snorkel equipment rental is priced at $10.00.

· Ocean Kayaks are priced at $10.00.

· Lockers and fresh beach towels are $4.00 each.

For Diving information please contact:

ramonzapata_divers@hotmail.com

We accept Visa, MC, Traveler's checks, US currency & pesos.

The taxi fare to Mr. Sancho's is $16.00 for 1 to 4 people, $24.00 for

1 to 5 people, $32.00 for 6 to 8 people and is only about a 10 minute ride from the cruise piers.

Thank you for your interest in Mr. Sancho's and have a great day!

Enjoy your vacation and my best wishes.

Oliver Muñoz Ramirez

Sales Manager, Mr. Sancho's Beach Club

Phone +52-1-987-87-19174

Email: olivermunoz@hotmal.com

Lucky Cruiser, I see you are going to Costa Maya. I HIGHLY recommend that you take the bus over to Mahajual which is a nearby fishing village with a great beach and great service. Just park yourself on the beach in front of one of the restaurants and they will cater to your needs. Great food!!! One of the highlights of the cruises we have been on. I am sure you can do a little searching on these boards to get more info on restaurants there. Enjoy

Lucky Cruiser, I see you are going to Costa Maya. I HIGHLY recommend that you take the bus over to Mahajual which is a nearby fishing village with a great beach and great service. Just park yourself on the beach in front of one of the restaurants and they will cater to your needs. Great food!!! One of the highlights of the cruises we have been on. I am sure you can do a little searching on these boards to get more info on restaurants there. Enjoy

Great, this sound wonderful, thanks, i will check into it.. did you book an excursion? or Is their bus service at the ports ?

No excursion booking needed. When you get off the ship, there is an area of the Cruise Port where you buy the inexpensive tix to catch the shuttle bus that will take you down to Mahajual (and back again). I don't remember it being more than 10 minutes or so of a drive.

Karen, sorry to hear you had to cancel your cruise at the last minute due to a family member's death...thanks for coming back to let me know you re-scheduled...I will watch for your review...

If you mean what ships are in port with you; I use this site.

http://cruisett.com/ships.php

Thanks for this link.

I'm trying to decide whether to book a day at Mr Sanchos (I LOVE the pool area, it looks wonderful), but have mixed reviews about a) the prices and what is included (since you have to pay for a child and also pay for the cab to get you there) b) not getting a palapa included with the price c) some of the complaints I've heard about the drink policy.

It seems like it is a better deal to go to Nachi instead for us. But then again, I still have a few other places to research before making a decision.

Does anyone know if the cab ride charges for children the same price as adults or at all? I'm assuming that they do since it is taking up the space that an adult would normally be.

Thanks for this link.

Does anyone know if the cab ride charges for children the same price as adults or at all? I'm assuming that they do since it is taking up the space that an adult would normally be.

This will be my first time taking a taxi in Cozumel; but as I understand it, the $15 price is for 4 people. I'd think age didn't matter to them.

According to the email I received from them, ANYTHING on the menu, with the exception of lobster, is included in the all inclusive. I've read some wonderful reviews about the food, drinks and service. I've been several times to Cozumel and each time have booked with Carnival. It's time for hubby and I to find our wings and try something new. Mr Sanchos is our "something new" this trip & we are excited about it!

I'm looking forward to it and hope that my expectations aren't shattered! If they are...well, then I'll be right back here shouting it out to the CC world. :)

Karen

We just returned from our cruise, which included a stop at Cozumel. We reserved Ai and injoyed it very much. We got a table with shade and a few lounge chairs nearby. The drinks were plentiful and good. Frozen specialties were very good as well. We had lunch (Nachos and tacos) and thought the food was very tasty. We were offered more food and, but we were full so we passwed on anything additional. It was not difficult to get a waiter to bring more drinks, and the service was good.

My only complaints:

They did not seem to have umbrellas for the lounge chairs, and to get releif from the sun you had to sit in an upright plastic chair under the umbrella at the table.

Their website showed 59 different Tequilas, but I couldn't count more than two at the bar, and they certainly didn't have any top shelf liquor of any kind. We went to Mr Sanchos speciffically to try some of the tequilas that they had listed on thier website and were disapointed that they didn't have any of them.

Overall, we enjoyed the day very much.

My only complaints:

They did not seem to have umbrellas for the lounge chairs, and to get releif from the sun you had to sit in an upright plastic chair under the umbrella at the table.

Their website showed 59 different Tequilas, but I couldn't count more than two at the bar, and they certainly didn't have any top shelf liquor of any kind. We went to Mr Sanchos speciffically to try some of the tequilas that they had listed on thier website and were disapointed that they didn't have any of them.

I noticed when I booked my AI that there was also another activity I could book; a "tequila tasting". I even saw a video of it somewhere with high ratings. Wonder if they tease you with that picture when it's only for those who book the tasting? As long as it's not "rot gut" tequila, I'm ok, but I too would like to try the special stuff!

Did you get in the water at all? When we were at Playa Mia in Feb I needed my water shoes and then had issues getting thru the rocks. I'm wondering if I'll need them at Sanchos?? Just a random question. Thanks in advance!

Karen

Yes, I did get into the water. The beach was very nice. All sand, no rocks. The wind was a little high so I did not stay in the water long, but as far as the beach is concerned, it was very pleasant.

I'm sure the pool was warmer, there were several people in it.

Yes, I did get into the water. The beach was very nice. All sand, no rocks. The wind was a little high so I did not stay in the water long, but as far as the beach is concerned, it was very pleasant.

I'm sure the pool was warmer, there were several people in it.

THANKS! That saves me having to pack the water shoes!

We just returned from our cruise, which included a stop at Cozumel. We reserved Ai and injoyed it very much. We got a table with shade and a few lounge chairs nearby. The drinks were plentiful and good. Frozen specialties were very good as well. We had lunch (Nachos and tacos) and thought the food was very tasty. We were offered more food and, but we were full so we passwed on anything additional. It was not difficult to get a waiter to bring more drinks, and the service was good.

My only complaints:

+1. I had way too many "Ticket to Fly" drinks, LOL. Their setup is really nice. I spent some time in the pool with a swim up bar and it was really nice. The food was pretty good.

We started with the Chips and Guac and it was nice and fresh. My wife had quesadillas and I had the fish tacos. They were both pretty good. We never felt like we were being "throttled" at all. At the swim up bar we did a lot of shots of cheap tequila and I paid for it the next time. It was a good time.

Archived