Kids program on pearl???

crazzzielady

I have 3 kids- 5,5,7- do they FEED them at kids camp?

I ask b/c carnioval alwasy does....but mariner ( RC) did not- & it sucked ( excuse the term) b/c hub & I had to go to buffet to feed them- then drop off so he & I could dine in main dining- so what usually happened is we'd all just eat at buffet....and that isn;t such a fun pt of the vaca :)))

Nope, it's not like Carnival like that at all. You will have to feed them before they go unfortunately. In the past, they have offered one evening to take the kids as a group to dinner in the buffet however you must sign up in advance as they will only take the first 20 or so and that's across all age groups! Sometimes we've been lucky enough to make the list and sometimes not!

And you will find that the buffett probably will be your best option. Eating in the dining room can take 2 plus hours. The Freestyle thing makes the dining extremely inefficient.

I did love how on Carnival on any given night your kid can just show up and meet the group and eat dinner. You could choose any evening to eat dinner as a family or not........(I would think that would fit the definintion of Freestyle but No, that would require them to go way out of their way with the Customer Service thing).

What always works best for us is I take the kids to the buffet and then I bring their plates back to our room. They sit on the balcony and eat their dinner while I get ready for the evening. But if you do this, you might want to pack a few cookie sheets in with your luggage. NCL removed all their trays from the buffet lines so you will have a major problem carrying the food for 3 kids!

The cool/fun thing about the Pearl is that they have a special buffet just for the younger kids. It makes it really easy to just feed the kids, then go off to a dining room on your own. But I will say that the Pearl's buffet is really the best afloat. If you feel you want to eat something while with your kids, try a bowl of the fruit soup (changes each day) as something that will tide you over for dinner.

232323232%7Ffp53388%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D343%3B%3A984%3A732%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53393%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D343%3B%3A984%3A932%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53393%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D343%3B%3A984%3A%3A32%3Anu0mrj

The kid's cafe is set up with kid' height in mind. For breakfast, they have scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage, plus different pastries, little boxes of cereal plus pitchers of juice and water. For lunch and dinner, there will be burgers and hotdogs with all the stuff, french fries and usually a pasta (the mac & cheese is really good, and I saw many adults dipping into it without any children of their own in sight).

I have 3 kids- 5,5,7- do they FEED them at kids camp?

I ask b/c carnioval alwasy does....but mariner ( RC) did not- & it sucked ( excuse the term) b/c hub & I had to go to buffet to feed them- then drop off so he & I could dine in main dining- so what usually happened is we'd all just eat at buffet....and that isn;t such a fun pt of the vaca :)))

On the evenings our daughter is not joining us for dinner and wants to go to the kids club, we always order her room service and she picks what she wants. Eats a dinner she chose while watching cartoons/tv having alittle down time and enjoying a quiet meal. Then we take her to the kids club. Has worked great for us over the many cruises we have taken, Carnival included.:D

If you choose to sign up for Port Play, meals are included (at least that was the case on the Jade in October). The kids ordered off of the room service menu.

On most NCL cruises we've been on, there is a family pizza making party around 4 pm one day. Go as a family, and it can serve as dinner for the kids.

Archived