Has Anyone had trouble with on-board credits??

pj-atsea

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with Disney not honoring on board credits that were supposed to be for booking ahead while on a cruise? I had this happen last year and haven't been sattified by Disney's anwers.

Don't even get me started!!!! I have been a lifetime Disney-addict and it almost tainted my Disney spirit for life. Luckily I got it straightened out but it took 4 months and several phone calls and letters. Disney didn't do anything until my travel agent got involved. They were RUDE on the phone too. Everybody told me, "I do not have the authority to fix this" I was SO MAD on the last night of the cruise that it ruined the entire night.

The short version is, I noticed the incorrect amount as soon as I got the card in my cabin. I immediately went to guest services. I was told that it was in the process of being fixed. The next day I was told that it was all fixed, enjoy my cruise. (it was a $300 credit, $150 for each cabin) THEN THEN THEN.... on the last day of the cruise, minutes after a dropped another $75 at final bingo, I was told that it was a mistake and I did not the credit AFTER I SPENT A TON OF MONEY. It was so unethical. Especially since I wouldn't have spent so much on board.

But after a lot whining, I found out I wasn't supposed to HAVE the credit, but my paperwork, travel agent, and Guest SErvices told me I differently. They can't take it away AFTER THE FACT.

Finally Disney agreed. Thankfully! They are just getting the money right back because I rebooked. I need this cruise to erase the last one!!!!!!

Kaykels.... So it happened to you too huh? I was really upset too because we spent money in the spa because I knew we had a credit coming. When it didn't show up on my statement I went down to ask- The girl at the desk was nice and said she'd look into it. She then left me a message that it couldn't be done. She let me talk on the phone to the person who siad I couldn't have it and she was very rude to me. I was close to tears with anger and frustration. But to no avail- I booked that cruise while on one and was promised a 200$ credit for the cabin. At a later time there was a Disney advertised sale on that cruise which made it $400 cheaper for me, at the time I called Disney said that they would give me the new price and I specifically asked if that would affect my credit ( it shouldn't since the credit was for booking on board a cruise) I was told - no all it would do would alter the payment price. I wrote a letter afterward but got told they were sorry someone was rude but more or less TooBad. It sure put an edge on what was a terrific cruise. Somehow now I only think of the bad experience because it made me feel upset and ruined the last day or two.. I didn't book through my TA so I had no recourse. Although she did say they shouldn't take away a credit once it had been given.. Just bad PR, right? I wonder how many other people this has happened to. I havn't taken another Disney Cruise since but had taken 4 before this happened. Now I go on other lines that give you a little more respect.Sorry for the rant.. Hopefully, I 'll get over it as I'd like to take my grandaughter on a Disney Cruise..

I have a credit supposedly through AAA since the soda is included now. It is supposed to be 25 dollars a person. How do I check to make sure that is waiting for me in my shipboard account?:confused: Should I ask on board as soon as we embark?

Hollyster: Yes I would ask right away. If you have a voucher or coupon from AAA you should be fine. As I said, all my dealings were done personally with Disney so I had no TA to help me fight it. Perhaps if I new how to complain more efficiently, I would have made more headway... But you will be fine, I'm sure that the soda package is something AAA does all the time and there won't be a problem. If you haven't already been on a Disney Cruise- It really is fantastic...The new coffee place for adults (near the adult pool) is really nice. You have to pay for the specialty coffees but the atmosphere is nice and the cookies and biscotti are free.. Hope I didn't worry you too much with my rant.

Hollyster: Yes I would ask right away. If you have a voucher or coupon from AAA you should be fine.

You know, there was no mention of a voucher. You bring up a very good point. TA just said there would be a 25 dollar credit for each person in the room. I need to follow up on it. Can I check on board right away and see if there is any credit already in my shipboard account? Can this be done on the TV's in the rooms?

I don't think you can do that interactive thing on the TV. on the ship. Best bet is to check when you get on board at Guest Services. A note of warning- since it really won't make any difference what time you check on this, pick a time when the lines are the shortest. Usually when you first board the lines are long with people wanting to change something. So my advice would be to wait till the lines are less- maybe even first thing on the second morning.. If you want to book a table at Palo's, go wherever they are setting up the reservations for that right away. And if they are all filled, Wait-list because something usually turns up for you. About the voucher- maybe it says on your confirmation or other paperwork that you have a credit coming. pj

Two years ago, a similar thing happened to me when I was on the 7-day Western Carib. Soon after booking (thru Disney Vacation Club) I got a voice mail saying they were running a special on that particular cruise and would give be an on-board credit of $100.

Unbeknownst to me at the time of the cruise, my brother ordered $150 worth of on-board credits as surprise birthday and anniversary gifts. (He told me about it after the cruise was over). When I got the statement at the end of the cruise $150 showed up and with the long lines at Guest Relations on the last day, I decided not to investigate.

Once I got home and found out what happened, I started emailing DCL, first through the Vacation Club, then direct. It took months before they finally agreed to issue a credit through the credit card I had plunked down at embarkation.

The moral to this story: document everything (including names of cast members, dates, times, phone numbers, etc), and let family members who may decide to buy on-board credits as gift know that they should do likewise. Persistence does pay off, but it may take a while.

Archived