rehearsal dinner

Something to think about.. I know I want to use my amenity points for a bottle of wine, dinner at cagneys and a 1hr cocktail party.. maybe I'll do that. We have 10 in our wedding party and 12 other guests sailing.. Trying to figure out if I should do something before we leave or onboard (not sure if I want to use my cocktail party on only half of the sailing guests though).

I am having a formal reception when we get back home (the following weekend).

decisions, decisions

My plan is to host a dinner at a restaurant the night before we sail. All of our guests will have traveled across the country, so this will be a way to thank them for doing so. Not to mention get the party started a day earlier :)

I also hope this would deter people from trying to fly in the morning of the cruise.

I didn't do a rehearsal dinner, we really didn't have a wedding party, just us and our parents. We had a pizza and beer party at our hotel the night before the cruise.

Depending on what port you are sailing from, people have booked nearby restaurants.

I wanted something informal were we could have more time with our non sailing guests that we don't get to see often due to where everyone lives.

I am with amc80... get the party started early, if you want you can ask the wedding party to show up at the location 15 to 30 mins early and then invite the others.

Were weren't planning on doing anything as were getting married on the 2nd day of the cruise and didn't see the need. My fiances parents really want to have something so all the guests can meet before the ceremony so we are going to have a one hour open bar the night before with some snacks. Carnival Events dept has great options to do things like this and fairly cheap if you ask me.. I think one hour of open bar is $10 a person, which is like the cost of 2 drinks.

Something to look into if your interested...

We picked a restaurant close to port to have dinner the night before we sail. We have a lot of guest coming from out of town so we are inviting them as well as the whole wedding party, and our brothers & sisters and their dates!!!..... Rehearsal might be kinda crazy though its going to be hard to try to organize with that many people lol! But I am looking forward to it!! :)

I have been searching but cannot find anything.. What did you ladies do/ are you planning on for a rehearsal dinner?

We are not doing anything. Am I terrible? It's difficult for me, because all of our guests are flying in at different times, some the day of and some the night before, as well as some guests are driving to Miami. Instead, we are paying for the hotel rooms for our wedding party. We are all going to go out in Miami that evening, or at least the younger people who would like to, and we are planning on covering the cost of taxis or a bus for everyone that night. Does that sound tacky?

Not at all! We want the rehearsal for the practice run. I know everyone will be able to meet each other because we're chartering a coach to take us from Philadelphia into the port (NYC) so, they have the 2 hour ride to meet and mingle. MIL-to-be want the rehearsal more than I do lol

We are getting married the 3rd day of the cruise (Tuesday) so we probably aren't organizing anything on the ship for a rehearsal dinner. BUT we do plan on having a catered dinner the night before we ship out as tons of family and friends are flying in then.

** The catered dinner will be family-style puerto rican food: pastellas, platanos, rice y gondulas, etc. It's a great way to introduce his family (from Philly) to my family (Miami) before we spend a week on the ship!**

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing a Roast and Toast dinner at a famous seafood restaurant right on the water in Seattle at about 5:30PM. I am arranging for a preset menu of about 4 or 5 items to choose from but will be complete soup thru dessert and I will be making pretty menus. Liquor will be on their own and we will pay for soda, coffee, ice tea etc. This will be the night before our cruise to Alaska in July. I will be sending out the invites very soon and it will ask everyone to prepare either a roast or a toast to share after dinner. Everyone will also receive a favor of a cruise ship luggage tag so that they can put it on their luggage that night. Then we will be walking back to our hotel and stopping in to some local places for drinks on the way back. We plan to be back to our rooms by dark (about 9 or 9:30PM) so that we can get up early for the cruise next morning.

Archived