Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

I just booked our Cabana for HMC last week for our August 8 cruise on the Destiny. I wouldn't have even know to do so online had it not been for these boards..so thanks everyone! My concern is this.. DH has MS and he could never walk all the way down the beach to a cabana, so I really hope we don't end up all the way down the beach. I'd also like him to be able to get to/from rest rooms and the food area. I know nothing about which one to ask for that would be good for him and am open for advise. How many cabanas are there? Thanks.

From what I've read a golf cart takes you to the cabanas, I know won't help you the rest of the day :(

The other thing maybe to do is the 1st tender will be cabana renters, on the way over, ask and see if anyone wants a cabana further down the beach, and see if they will switch with you, if you happen to get one farther away then you want.

What's the refund policy for the cabanas? What happens if you book early, but learn before you cruise there's going to be poor weather. Can you get a refund before sailing?

If the ship can't make the stop for any reason, you should get a refund, probably as OBC. If the ship makes it to anchorage and the tenders are running, but you decide not to go ashore due to the weather, that's YOUR choice and I think you'd be out of luck on a refund. Same thing if the ship does an early recall due to weather after you've gone ashore - you've had your visit even if it's been curtailed.

If the ship can't make the stop for any reason, you should get a refund, probably as OBC. If the ship makes it to anchorage and the tenders are running, but you decide not to go ashore due to the weather, that's YOUR choice and I think you'd be out of luck on a refund. Same thing if the ship does an early recall due to weather after you've gone ashore - you've had your visit even if it's been curtailed.

If ship does early recall, do you think trip insurance will kick in and help with a refund?

Just booked cabana for our 4/30/11 cruise aboard the Fascination. The cost was $220, a little high but so glad I got it booked before they are all gone. Thanx to everyone for their imput. I think that I will be requesting between #8 - #12. Can't wait to be on HMC...pictures look BEAUTIFUL :rolleyes:

Just booked a cabana for our cruise on Feb 18, 2012. A little far out but oh well! I can't wait! It was up to $220 which is a little annoying as the last time I saw it it was $200 but I guess that's what I get for waiting. Haha. Is it time yet to go?

Just booked cabana for our 4/30/11 cruise aboard the Fascination. The cost was $220, a little high but so glad I got it booked before they are all gone. Thanx to everyone for their imput. I think that I will be requesting between #8 - #12. Can't wait to be on HMC...pictures look BEAUTIFUL :rolleyes:

We're on this cruise and also in a Cabana! I'm really glad I booked before they went up. I had no idea they did that!

You must have gotten the last one because they are now all SOLD OUT! Can't wait... :D

We are on the same sailing. Want to join our roll call? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190267&page=15

I'm glad I booked when I did! I can't wait for this stop :D

Youre welcome!

If you're sailing late Sept, you can only book 120 days out. So mark your calendar and jump on the first day shore excursion bookings open up for your cruise. Got mine marked for May 5 already :D

That can't possibly be true...I am sailing in 164 days and I have already booked mine

We have rented the pink cabana #8 several times in the past. Just a head's up though: our last two December cruises, our port call at HMC was cancelled because of weather. They seem to cancel this port more than any other.

Welcome to the Bahamas in Winter. I have sailed in November, December, February and had bahamas private islands cancelled in all 3 months. never had a problem in May or June so have my fingers crossed for September :)

OT--Paul, I went through my posts and couldn't find the one about how your signature has that Carnvial link so I couldn't find if you'd answered.

How DO you get to past cruises without using your link? I just spent 10 min. and can't find it. I've seen it before...

That can't possibly be true...I am sailing in 164 days and I have already booked mine

That post was from Feb...and had been resolved since then.

Some were able to book past 120 some were not (including me). I got the 120 day info from the CCL website.

That post was from Feb...and had been resolved since then.

Some were able to book past 120 some were not (including me). I got the 120 day info from the CCL website.

Yep -- Figured that out. One of these days I will learn to read the whole thread before actually posting :)

Yep -- Figured that out. One of these days I will learn to read the whole thread before actually posting :)

Wha?? You didnt bother to comb through 218 posts before responding? Shame on you! lol! Kidding...;)

Just checked to see if the cabanas were booked up for our sailing yet and they have went up to $220.00 instead of $200.00. Glad I booked at $200.00 5 days ago!

I just noticed the same thing. I booked mine about a week ago for $199 and now they are listed as $220. Do you think Carnival will honor the price we booked it for? I'm hoping so, but I would still pay the extra if I had to. BTW, I think I must be on the same cruise you are on, July 9th. My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

I just noticed the same thing. I booked mine about a week ago for $199 and now they are listed as $220. Do you think Carnival will honor the price we booked it for? I'm hoping so, but I would still pay the extra if I had to. BTW, I think I must be on the same cruise you are on, July 9th. My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

I also booked at $199 a few weeks ago. I would think that they would honor the price it was booked.

I also booked a cabana, about 4 weeks ago and paid $199. It was on our Visa and has already been paid for!

Hmmm, when did they raise the price? And I have to wonder why??:confused:

Yea, kind of unusual. Always thought "excursions" didnt fluctuate in price from one week to the next.

Archived