Can't go back to CCL

islahopper

These are 2 things I seem to read on the Carnival boards all the time. That is false info, and is simple not true.

In my personal experience....My first 2 cruises were a B2B Carnival Imagination and RCI Majesty of the Seas. The 4 night MOS cruise was cheaper than the 3 night Imagination, both in standard oceanview rooms. As far as room sizes, that was the one and only time I experienced a larger room on CCL.

Monarch of the Seas

Built 1991

SUPERIOR oceanview cabin= 157 square feet.

oceanview cabin= 122 square feet

Splendor of the Seas

built 1996

oceanview cabin= 154 square feet

interior cabin= 149 square feet.

Majesty of the Seas

built 1992

oceanview cabin= 122 square feet

interior cabin= 119 square feet

Sovereign of the Seas, as small or even smaller.

CARNIVAL FANTASY

built 1990

oceanview cabin= 185 square feet

interior cabin= 185 square feet

'Small' interior= 160 square feet

Imagination cabins are the same size as Fantasy cabins.

I said RCL ships prior to Voyager have cabins that are just too small.

Before calling me a liar, do some research.

I said RCL ships prior to Voyager have cabins that are just too small.

Before calling me a liar, do some research.

dan, I did apologize for my mistake. However, you also mis-read my post, so that makes us even.

I said my room on Imagination was larger than my room on Majesty. It was later cruises on newer ships my RCI rooms were larger.

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

BON YOYAGeeeeeeeeee.

dan40................... I imagine that you did read that cruiserchloe did acknowledge her mistake and apologized for it. It might be a good idea if you also apologized for jumping all over her!

I did not read an apology until later. And I clearly stated that I was talking about pre-Voyager ships. And I did not make any claim the CCL is always cheaper as I know that is not always the case but I got lumped in with that disclaimer. And suggesting that she research first is "jumping all over her?"

dan 40...................the implication that she was calling you a liar was what I was referring to, that was uncalled for.

Her quote:

"These are 2 things I seem to read on the Carnival boards all the time. That is false info, and is simple not true."

When it gets directed at you, THEN, you interpret your way.

Her quote:

"These are 2 things I seem to read on the Carnival boards all the time. That is false info, and is simple not true."

When it gets directed at you, THEN, you interpret your way.

For goodness sake, she said she misread your post and apologized -twice! Get over it already.

You misread her post also and I don't see an apology from you. :rolleyes:

false info and not true can also be interpreted as mistaken, not necessarily a lie! You took it upon yourself to read into it that she was calling you a liar. She has shown some class in acknowledging her mistake and offering an apology, I just suggested that you do the same!

For goodness sake, she said she misread your post and apologized -twice! Get over it already.

You misread her post also and I don't see an apology from you. :rolleyes:

Didn't misread. Knew she sailed on Imagination. That's why Imagination was in my rebuttal.

Wasn't your post, you weren't the one called a liar. I was. I don't appreciate it, and see no reason to apologize.

FINISHED!

false info and not true can also be interpreted as mistaken, not necessarily a lie! You took it upon yourself to read into it that she was calling you a liar. She has shown some class in acknowledging her mistake and offering an apology, I just suggested that you do the same!

Some people really just need to take the time to read and comprehend before they go off on a tangent.......I had no problem with Dans post.......

Islahopper, we've cruised on RCI as well. We absolutely loved it. When I was booking our cruise that is now coming up in 25 days, I looked at RCI and CCL. What I'm paying on Carnival for my aft vista suite would get me a low end balcony cabin on RCI. I'm with firefly - don't shut your mind off to Carnival. You really can enjoy both. But for the price, there is no question that Carnival is the best buy - by far.

Agree! This is why we love Carnival so. During these tough economic times when businesses are struggling, I think CCL gets it and is doing a great job at bringing in the business. They are really a phenominal bang for your buck (and if you have the $$ to spend , you can upgrade your vacay to be whatever you want it to be with CCL). We own Disney Vacation Club points and have done many Disney trips. We just booked 2 trips for this year, as we haven't been since 2008. Disney is really disgusting us with how they are responding to the economic crisis. Instead of lowering prices and offering fantastic deals, they are increasing prices and cutting corners all over the place (but claim to be offering these great deals like free dining, which really isn't free). They are changing the rules for using your points. The dining plan is outrageously expensive and the food portions have shrunk considerably (my inlaws just got back). I've had a difficult time booking the resort and room type I want (first trouble since we bought in 2006). After these 2 trips this year, we are done with WDW.

I love Carnival and hope to be Platinum someday.

But I'd love to try out the Oasis or Allure someday too.

We've cruised Carnival, RCCL, Princess and Disney.. To be honest my favorite is Disney.. I cant explain what it is about that cruiseline, but its special.. unfortunately so are their prices.. so if we get to cruise with them ever again we will be lucky..

That being said we have cruised Carnival 11 times over the last 10 years and plan on 2 more cruises with them this year.. We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Carnival.. RCCL just didnt do it for us.. We think they do circles around RCCL..

Just goes to show you.. different strokes for different folks.. We all have different tastes..

Agree! This is why we love Carnival so. During these tough economic times when businesses are struggling, I think CCL gets it and is doing a great job at bringing in the business. They are really a phenominal bang for your buck (and if you have the $$ to spend , you can upgrade your vacay to be whatever you want it to be with CCL). We own Disney Vacation Club points and have done many Disney trips. We just booked 2 trips for this year, as we haven't been since 2008. Disney is really disgusting us with how they are responding to the economic crisis. Instead of lowering prices and offering fantastic deals, they are increasing prices and cutting corners all over the place (but claim to be offering these great deals like free dining, which really isn't free). They are changing the rules for using your points. The dining plan is outrageously expensive and the food portions have shrunk considerably (my inlaws just got back). I've had a difficult time booking the resort and room type I want (first trouble since we bought in 2006). After these 2 trips this year, we are done with WDW.

I love Carnival and hope to be Platinum someday.

But I'd love to try out the Oasis or Allure someday too.

We finally hit Platinum last year with Carnival and oh boy we love it!! The extra perks are wonderful!! We no longer have to stand in that long line at the port to check in.. they walk us right up to a room where our cards are waiting for us.. we are in and out and on our way to get on the ship within minutes!! we get priority disembarkation when we return.. I believe free laundry (some stipulations but we havent used it yet).. we got some really nice picture frames the last 2 cruises and also got a nice little treat in our room one night.. You cant beat it!!

I don't understand why someone comes back onto the Carnival board to announce that they are leaving for another cruise line? Are they trying to justify it to themselves, convince themselves that they are doing the right thing? Or are they making an attempt to "rub it in" on all the losers that are cruising on Carnival in their mind?

If your not happy with a certain cruise line, find one that is better - MOVE ON!

It is.....and I have.

Could be they are cruise for the ship type of people......there are alot of them on this board......

You post definitely proves me point. Everyone sees everything differently, thus my question on why others have to get nasty when someone mentions a negative toward CCL (or NCL, X, whoever).

I happen to have CCL and Princess tied for my lowest list of lines to use. That doesn't mean your nuts (or maybe I am :)) but my point is you have different expectations and yours was met on Princess.

I probably go on anther Princess or CCL but if all things are equal I would choose other lines. Hopefully that doesn't make me an ogre.....

I don't think "feathers get ruffled" over "brand loyalty"...as much as it does the implication that the OP feels he is superior because he is willing to "pay more".

Usually these conversations only get "heated" when someone like the OP implies an air of arrogance that he (and RCCL) are "superior"...and if folks don't cruise RCCL..then they are inferior.

"We will defend them on the beaches, we will defend them in the streets , we will defend them in our homes"-- sorry- Getting Winston Churchill confused with the Carnival Cheerleading gang.

PS---and I have only ever cruised Carnival

Appreciate the tip of the hat. To those who are offended by G'Ma, you get used to her ramblings after awhile. 95% of her posts are made without any research whatsoever

Not sure what you would think qualifies as research, but she has been on more cruises than I could manage to do if I were given 3 lifetimes. She's worked in the industry as a travel agent - you may not like her posts but she deserves credit for knowing something.

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

Cruiselines to me are like food. Sometimes I have to much of something and get tired of it. I have something different and it is great. Then after a bit of time I have to have the old thing I like again....As Mom used to say, moderation is a great thing and variety is the spice of life....;)

Archived