Dawn sailings missing

BURNSMN

I'm booked for the March 5th Dawn sailing & I've been checking the availability & was stunned that it disappeared. I'm able to check availability on other cruise websites...Now I'm scared

Just got off the phone with NCL - he told me he is still able to pull up availability on the February 25th cruise sailing. Maybe computer programming error? unlikely... I'm thinking drydock is in order right now.. and I bet they are drafting up an offical press release as we speak.

You guys are scaring me! We are booked on the Dawn in March... When I log into My NCL, the cruise is there... that makes me think it was just an error....

but... when I try to search for Dawn sailings... you can't even click the Dawn.... Can I officially worry now?!?

At least your sailings are little ways out! My sailing is 2/25 and we have three suites in our group. The tale gets more interesting as the suites for all Epic Carribbean sailings are showing as sold out now. If they were to pull the Dawn, the logic place to try and keep the people booking suites happy would be the Epic...

I called and talked with someone who said my sailing March 20 is NOT sold out and I am good because I am paid in full... He even looked at the website and found the same thing.... He said the sailing is still going on and he would let IT know...

I do, however, wonder though if they are pulling into dry dock early if they are keeping quiet...

we have 4 OV rooms. In regards to moving the sailing to the Epic I would enjoy a trip on the Epic... assuming the price stays the same!

Had this happened before where ships go into dry dock early?? Never had this experience before???

Wow..I do feel for you all ......and wish you well...! And hoping it is all just a computer glitch...;)

NOT knowing what is happening is the worst!

NCL...has had a problem recently with communication (or should I say lack thereof)--as witnessed by our Jewel December problem with delayed drydock/cruise......

All I can say is calling NCL does not necessarily yield accurate info....and even that info can change by the hour.....:(

Hope NCL is monitoring this thread...so you all can get info...

Yes, it's a long time, BUT... The Dawn was already having problems and dry dock was already moved up to May to fix that. Perhaps they are having more problems that haven't been announced yet, and have decided that it was best just to take her out of commission to do all of the renovations at once. Isn't there talk that they are going to add suites like the Star? Maybe this has been moved up and will now be done with no passengers on board. (Afterall, there were alot of complaints about the noise during the Star's updates.)

It just seems really odd. Like there's some explaination other than what we're getting...

Toni,

My crusie on Feb 25th was taken off as well. After further investigation, the rep on the phone said there were rooms left on cruise. Dawn's sailings have not sold out up until June 2011.. That would be insane had it been true!

I just called my TA and he said that NCL is just working on their computer. He went to the NCL TA site and he could still book a new cabin on the Feb 25th sailing.

So NO worries.....:)

Jane

Archived