poeisa review 1/23/11

CruiseGem

I want to first say that this was my forth MSC cruise and the second time on the poeisa , we host a family cruise for as many as 48 this year and most years 40-50 so it is important to us that they are all happy with their cruise. I will keep it short embarkation is much the same as all the other lines we weree on board and in our rooms by 1pm a real record for some of the lines then off to the buffet I have to say they really improved my clients were using words like wow ! and im going to be gaining weight !! the muster drill was described as not that impressive I missed it as I broken leg few days before cruise and had a very hard day .The first night in the theater was Opera not my taste but made a nice change the dinning room food was wonderful every night and the service eccellent no problems ,lounges were all full and offered differant types of music the zebra lounge had funny games that appealed to all often many languages were spoken for all entertainment as well as all anouncements ,this must be expected as americans are not the only passengers Msc attracts a lot of euopeans our cabin was adequate and we found the usual struggle with the supply of washcloths <we call this the washcloth wars > to wrap it up we were all happy great food THANK YOU MSC FOR THAT IMPROVEMENT great service good entertainment beautiful ship THATS AMORE

We had a great week as well. I just spent over an hour putting together a comprehensive review and - poof - it disappeared as I was trying to submit it. Can't bear the thought of sitting and redoing it, but wanted to say we had a really enjoyable week from the 16th to 23rd of January. Got a great deal back in November, a balcony cabin with airfare and transfers included, so figured it had to be worth a week down south even if we didn't like the food. As it turned out, most of the food was just fine, and the Italian food was better than fine. Fantastic risotto, great pasta, wonderful gelato, and we can see why the pizzas were awarded "Best at Sea", although for the life of me I can't figure out how the hamburgers got an award. Only food we didn't like, apart from the burger, were: steak, cod, red snapper, and the potato side dishes. We mostly stuck to the Italian side of the menu and never went wrong there. Ship was beautiful and clean, entertainment was better than we've seen on most ships, although we would have preferred to see a show after dinner rather than before (we had late sitting). Our dinner tablemates added a lot of fun to the whole experience too. Our waiter was a sweetheart and kept asking us all if he could bring us more food - we did say yes to an extra lobster tail! Cabin was roomy enough, except my husband fought with the shower curtain (I'm small so I was OK) and we bought soap in Key West since there's only a dispenser in the bathroom. Balcony was great. I'd been concerned about smelling smoke on the balcony but never had a problem. We saw dolphins one day, whales another, and in Jamaica, on our balcony in port, we saw a "Couples Resort" boat approaching the ship with a bunch of waving naked tourists on board - so lots of wildlife everywhere. ;)

We'd definitely cruise again with MSC. Different experience from some of the other ships but nothing that really concerned us. We just kept saying how lucky we were to be away from the Canadian winter with someone else doing the cooking and cleaning for a week. If we see this deal again next winter we'll book it immediately!

We saw dolphins one day, whales another, and in jamaica, on our balcony in port, we saw a "couples resort" boat approaching the ship with a bunch of waving naked tourists on board - so lots of wildlife everywhere. ;)

lol :)

We always had washclothes.

I am so happy to be reading such good reviews. You all have the best in MSC with the animation team entertaining you all day around the pool area and then in the Zebra Lounge and Pigalle. They are the ships heart. Then you have the wonderful entertainment which is night and day from any other ship. The singers really can sing. The dancers really can dance. Each has talent we have never seen on any other cruise ship. MSC is special. WE tried some other cruises and we felt " homesick" for MSC!

Archived