Eastern vs. Western

keywest22

What do you think is better the eastern Caribbean or the western Caribbean?:confused:

I have been on 3 cruises, my first 2 I booked eastern but there were hurricanes and we got rerouted western (I did not care a cruise is a cruise, and I live in Orlando, we are used to it). The 3rd cruise I just went ahead and booked western. I love it, it's fun but I am ready to try out the eastern Caribbean.

However I was reading the "embarrassing moments" board earlier and I too have had the Carlos and Charlie’s experience, :D so I am wondering if the eastern is going to be as much fun and as much of a party.:cool:

I chose Eastern, simply because I thought that the western ports would be very similar...whereas the 3 ports on our Eastern route will give me a chance to explore different cultures and do different things, although it sounded like the Sr. Frog's in Nassau isn't quite as wild as the ones in Mexico. I think a lot of the partying will depend on who you/we're with and what's going on at the time. although I must agree, the stop in Cozumel at C&C looks like a BLAST, LOL. I'm thinking we may try southern route next time we cruise, whenever THAT may be...:)

crisp1:

Good to hear your favorite is the south...after our first cruise (western) in January, we're hooked! Looked around and have decided to give the Destiny a go in May. Yippee!!!

You won't be disappointed. If you can take an independant tour in Dominica (my fave) make sure you stop at Mr Nice's stand:)

Archived