Bring a Friend Promotion

Those of you that are doing the "Bring a Friend" promotion that runs through April may want to check the status.

I'm bringing a new cruiser with us in August. I entered all of the information that was required and it showed the status as "Pending". No problem, the information has to be verified.

Today I check the status and it says "Not Qualified". I called C&A to check on this for me. His first explanation was quite comical. He said probably because we don't have a C&A number listed for him. I told him that a new cruiser will not have a C&A number and that was the whole idea behind this promotion.

He then put me on hold for about 5 minutes to check further. The rep then told me that there is a glitch in the system (Imagine that) and he had to do something manually. The status is now "Approved"

Check your status and give them a call if you see a problem. $25.00 is $25.00 :D

I like how they promote it and then when you read the fine print...the friend has to book the cruise on/after January 21, 2011. WHY is that? We booked last July. They are still a friend going on their first cruise. Why does it matter when we booked. Arrrggghhhh!!!!

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member") and guests who have not previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must make a new booking between Jan. 21 - Apr. 30, 2011 and sail on or after Jan. 28, 2011.

Frustrating...

I agree about the dates. I just added a friend last week to a cruise I booked back in June. Her first cruise ever but...since it was booked back in June of 2010 I wont get the obc. Sometimes I think promotions are nothing more than a tease. Im still going to have a good time though.

Those of you that are doing the "Bring a Friend" promotion that runs through April may want to check the status.

I'm bringing a new cruiser with us in August. I entered all of the information that was required and it showed the status as "Pending". No problem, the information has to be verified.

Today I check the status and it says "Not Qualified". I called C&A to check on this for me. His first explanation was quite comical. He said probably because we don't have a C&A number listed for him. I told him that a new cruiser will not have a C&A number and that was the whole idea behind this promotion.

He then put me on hold for about 5 minutes to check further. The rep then told me that there is a glitch in the system (Imagine that) and he had to do something manually. The status is now "Approved"

Check your status and give them a call if you see a problem. $25.00 is $25.00 :D

Can I ask where you found the status? I applied for two friends that I am bringing, but am not sure I will get it. I couldn't find anything that shows the status of the request. Is it on your reservation somewhere or Crown and Anchor page? I looked and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

I like how they promote it and then when you read the fine print...the friend has to book the cruise on/after January 21, 2011. WHY is that? We booked last July. They are still a friend going on their first cruise. Why does it matter when we booked. Arrrggghhhh!!!!

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member") and guests who have not previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must make a new booking between Jan. 21 - Apr. 30, 2011 and sail on or after Jan. 28, 2011.

Frustrating...

It matters because the point of the promotion is to encourage new bookings.

I was told by C&A that my DD and her family( who will be sailing with us and are 1st timer on RCL) have had to made their booking after 1/21/11. They made theirs on 1/17/11. Ours was booked 5/10. They won't bend for a few days. Oh well, I tried.

Judi :)

Archived