Cabana Squatters

DEBnGAB

I was wondering about this as well.

Oh, the fun I'd have all day using my politest voice to tell people to erm...erm...go elsewhere.

I would just park my arse right at the entrance with a book and have fun all day. :D

Why not get a job at Wal-Mart and get paid for doing that? Doesn't sound like my idea of a vacation.

Great ideas, but I think to make things easy, I will just hang a pair fo DH's briefs on the shower head (clean ones of course) !!

Looking forward to HMC and our cabana ! :D

I LIKE this idea. ...and get one of those wood repair markers and do something unmentionable to the "unmentionables." Why the marker? C'mon... I'm crude, but not THAT crude! :eek:

Would this be the same issue with the Carnival cabanas at Mahogany Bay? Can't find a picture anywhere as to what they look like,let alone where they are situated. thx to anyone who may have info.

Didn't have a cabana there, but what I remeber is they were pretty much at the end of the beach and not many people were down there. They seem to sit back a bit also. I could be wrong though.

After reading this thread, like others, don't really want to spend 200 bucks on something and have to be a freaking tour guide and point people where the shower is at. Some people just think they can do whatever they want and that's when things get ugly!:mad: I guarantee 80% of the people know exactly they aren't suppose to be there but think it's the US and should be given something for nothin!

i think i've got it figured out now. My sign will read "clothing optional beyond this point".

If they venture up the stairs and see me sitting there, i suspect they won't be staying long! :p

38.gif

Too funny! Another good idea (at least for DH)!

WE and another couple rented a cabana (#8) on our last cruise on the Glory and loved it. In fact, I mentioned and encouraged the group of CC roll-call posters (and we also had a post muster meet-n-greet) to come and have some fun at our cabana on HMC (and I even supplied the rum.) Noone save one couple stopped by and even that couple didn't stick around. I think many thought they would be intruding.

Not so for the large "foreign" group who insisted on putting their chairs as close as possible to our steps. And, got miffed when my kite string landed on their chair (OMFG!) Fortunately, they left after some time.

I loved having the cabana and would do it again unless cash was short. Had fruit and snacks, sodas and equipment. I was happy to have a very comfy recliner for an afternoon power nap. Sodas made good mixers. Staff came by and checked our reservations and asked if there was anything at all we needed. It was kool. :D

Just came back from our cruise on the Liberty - booked the cabana online and got number 7 assigned once onboard. Had a beautiful day, no squatters whatsoever and I kept my briefs on...

WE and another couple rented a cabana (#8) on our last cruise on the Glory and loved it. In fact, I mentioned and encouraged the group of CC roll-call posters (and we also had a post muster meet-n-greet) to come and have some fun at our cabana on HMC (and I even supplied the rum.) Noone save one couple stopped by and even that couple didn't stick around. I think many thought they would be intruding.

Not so for the large "foreign" group who insisted on putting their chairs as close as possible to our steps. And, got miffed when my kite string landed on their chair (OMFG!) Fortunately, they left after some time.

I loved having the cabana and would do it again unless cash was short. Had fruit and snacks, sodas and equipment. I was happy to have a very comfy recliner for an afternoon power nap. Sodas made good mixers. Staff came by and checked our reservations and asked if there was anything at all we needed. It was kool. :D

There is a difference between someone that you've invited to "Stop by and say HI" and those that walk up uninvited...

If someone decided to camp under the stairs, I'd probably accomodate them by turning the mister fan around and setting it to run "sloppy" (have you seen the rainstorm those things can create if you turn the water on too high? ;) )

I think this thread is a fun read but gives the wrong impression that renting a cabana means you are fighting off the public like a turf war.

We were there all day and not one soul entered the cabana or tried taking a shower there. The same was true on every cabana around us. I am sure it may have happened somewhere on some cruise line visit by accident but none of us ever saw these ills. I hope that people who may be new to having a cabana don't think the impression that Cabana mobs are roaming the beach just waiting to hijack a shower is how it is. It just isn't like that. LOL

As far as sun bathers being next to Cabana's, that does happen because you don't rent the beach area and someone looking for shade may plant their seat in any shady spot because like you, they also paid a fair amount for a visit to this beach.

Just remember these are all fellow passengers on your ship so you can't get away from them. You can be mean if your shipmate asks you a question but then you may see them on the ship. LOL

In our Cabana we had not one single person approach, nor did our neighbors - Period. My advice is relax, as you are not renting a mansion, just a nice little memory in a cute setting.

I worry that new people reading this will think the impression is fully true and miss a great port day since the cabana's are so reasonable for a family of 4.

I think this thread is a fun read but gives the wrong impression that renting a cabana means you are fighting off the public like a turf war.

We were there all day and not one soul entered the cabana or tried taking a shower there. The same was true on every cabana around us. I am sure it may have happened somewhere on some cruise line visit by accident but none of us ever saw these ills. I hope that people who may be new to having a cabana don't think the impression that Cabana mobs are roaming the beach just waiting to hijack a shower is how it is. It just isn't like that. LOL

As far as sun bathers being next to Cabana's, that does happen because you don't rent the beach area and someone looking for shade may plant their seat in any shady spot because like you, they also paid a fair amount for a visit to this beach.

Just remember these are all fellow passengers on your ship so you can't get away from them. You can be mean if your shipmate asks you a question but then you may see them on the ship. LOL

In our Cabana we had not one single person approach, nor did our neighbors - Period. My advice is relax, as you are not renting a mansion, just a nice little memory in a cute setting.

I worry that new people reading this will think the impression is fully true and miss a great port day since the cabana's are so reasonable for a family of 4.

Probably like the chair hog threads? Or smoking? Stuff happens....

If I were new, Id be thankful for the heads up, because it does happen.

Probably like the chair hog threads? Or smoking? Stuff happens....

If I were new, Id be thankful for the heads up, because it does happen.

Yes me too. It absoluely can happen if a fellow cruiser doesn't know about the cabanas but I'm just trying to relax the new ones because we never saw anything like that on any cabana near us or on ours. We did have 2 girls put their chairs right next to us but they can as we did not rent the sand. lol It is common for people to grab a shady area and the trees are located beside the cabanas so that part is just what people do when sun bathing. I was actually surprised by how many don't sit in the shade but it was not overly hot. I suspect the cabanas near the dining area may have more of an issue because of the crowded aspect but don't know. We were hijacker free and I was always keenly aware that great peeps on the beach came from the same ship(s) and no one let us down.

Someone on this thread was having second thoughts on getting a cabana so I wanted them to know this looks worse written down than it is so don't miss out on a fun thing to do over it.

Last time we were at HMC, maybe it was an abboration, but only about half the cabanas were even occupied. We hung out towards the end of the beach and the last two were totally empty. I really don't see why you'd pay the $ for them when there is plenty of shade and loungers all over the beach.

Thank you for info. may try one.have never done that b4, but always thought it would be nice to try it once: )

Didn't have a cabana there, but what I remeber is they were pretty much at the end of the beach and not many people were down there. They seem to sit back a bit also. I could be wrong though.

So I am thinking of renting a Cabana, but have some hesitations. Should I, shouldn't I?

I like the sign and other ideas posted here. Shame you have to do this.

It does sound like further down the beach would be better, not a fan of paying that kind of money and have one of the 1st 5. i guess I need to hear from more people that have stayed in 1-5 and give me some hope.

Otherwise, as a first time Carnival cruiser, need to know what time i need to be at the port to get a good one (assuming they are not assigned.)

Another sign idea...Out of Order...on the shower. :p

It does sound like further down the beach would be better, not a fan of paying that kind of money and have one of the 1st 5. i guess I need to hear from more people that have stayed in 1-5 and give me some hope.

Otherwise, as a first time Carnival cruiser, need to know what time i need to be at the port to get a good one (assuming they are not assigned.)

Aside from the folks that wanted to use the shower, #5 was fine. The shower issue was more of an annoyance than anything, and it really only happened toward the end of our stay (everyone getting ready to head back to the ship). I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from renting a cabana. Ideally I'd like cabana 8 or 9, but I'd be fine with any.

don't think the impression that Cabana mobs are roaming the beach just waiting to hijack a shower is how it is.

LMAO! I didn't realize until I read this, that that is kind of what I had in the back of my mind, after reading this thread. lol Good to know my imagination was getting the better of me... :o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived