Rough Seas?

PrincessJul

Ok.........I know there have been alot of opinions about what time of year to cruise is best, or whether you should do Eastern or Western Caribbean, etc.

And I also have read many times that many of you really enjoy the "motion of the ocean" cuz it reminds you that you're on a ship, or it lulls you to sleep, or whatever. But I really really really do not like it when the ship rocks and rolls and was wondering if any of you can tell me from experience if there is a particular time of year when it is generally rougher or particularly smooth? I don't get seasick, so taking something won't matter - I simply don't like the movement - I have alot of irrational fears - just ask my DH (he would LOVE to tell you all about my neuroses, but that's another board..haha). We've done the Western twice, the first time was the first week of March and the second time was the first week of May. We were real lucky both times. The most it ever got was "moderate seas 4-7 ft" but I could still feel it and the metal hangers in my closet banged together so much I finally got up and put them all on the floor! I've heard that the seas are like glass in the summer but there's also more rain. Also - is there any truth to what I've read about Eastern being rougher than Western? And is that always - or just certain times of the year?

Archived