two questions

C Cruise Dude

I am interested in the purchase of an ultra dry snorkel. I have seen a popular brand with the bells and whistles for about $50 and one on Amazon for about $19. Many on Amazon like the lesser priced.

I read something about the air pressure in an airplane have bad effects on your mask if it is packed in the cargo bay. Someone suggested putting a sock or towel in it to keep it from breaking? Your input. Thanks.

I have never heard of this, nor does it make any sense to me. If you pack your mask in your luggage, air pressure should be the same on both sides of the mask, so there should be no effect. If you go 20' down in the water, you have a significant pressure difference between the inside and outside, yet there is no adverse affect, so I do not see where there should be any concern on a plane.

I have a dry snorkel and quite enjoy it. As for traveling with masks...nonsense.

Thanks to all or the replies. The air pressure didn't make sense to me either. I snorkeled at Great Stirrup Cay in November. Rough waters threw water down my snorkel and I sucked it in. :eek: I want something to prevent that. Looks like the ultra dry is the way to go. I'm looking at Oceanic. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived