Inspiration 2/3

lindan1020

Thanks, Pianosidekick -

They said they'd had a great cruise until today, too bad this had to happen. Still waiting for them to get here, can't wait to hear their thoughts on cruising. We LOVE it and hope this didn't spoil their first experience.

I can't believe it is going on 9:00 and we are still sitting in the terminal. Ibam freezing!!! Some hot chocolate and a blanket would be nice. I got bused to the overflow terminal. Anyone know if the main terminal started loading yet??

A very, very late sailing indeed, as my cousin called me about 20 minutes ago and said they were STILL on the ship, that customs was dragging their tails clearing the ship. He said it was a bad ending to their first-ever cruise and didn't seem to be handled very well. Would like to know what others' impressions are.

Weather happens. What's one to do? /shrug

The debark seemed to go as usual. The ship ported between 5:30 and six, and everyone was off by 8:00. Typically they debark from about 8:30am - 11am, so this was status quo as far as speed. It could have seemed longer having been "stuck" on the ship for the morning, but I can certainly think of worse places to be "stuck". ;)

The missing thing was the usual time frame between unloading and loading. I'm sure the terminal was crowded with passengers from both cruises, and it was a bit of a logistics nightmare down there.

Many people who were on the cruise were in very high spirits about it, with comments like, "We prayed we could stay on the ship longer, and here we still are!" Those are the people responsible for this. :D

Archived