Argh!!!!

pkrchkr

I need suggestions for excursions that do not require us to leave the main city of belize. Due a medic condition that requires me to donate a pint of blood every 56 day I can not go out side of the main city. There is malaria risk in Belize outside the city and I really wanted to go cave tubing..but can't so does anyone have any ideas that I could do?

I need suggestions for excursions that do not require us to leave the main city of belize. Due a medic condition that requires me to donate a pint of blood every 56 day I can not go out side of the main city. There is malaria risk in Belize outside the city and I really wanted to go cave tubing..but can't so does anyone have any ideas that I could do?

We did not find anything to do within the City Limits. Belize is pretty when you get away from the City but right there in the Center you can pretty much forget about it! Sorry!!

Happy Cruising!

Not a lot around. You can take a horse carriage or a taxi and visit the Culutral Center in the old Governors mansion. Lots of historical things there. You can see the center from the tenders, it the large house with the cannons in the yard. Or you can go outside the Toruism Village, turn left and take a walk up the palisades to the light house or beyond. But other than these things or shopping in the TV or grabbing a Belikan and some conch fritters at the Wet Lizard, you'll be hard pressed to find a lot to occupy your time, in Belize City, unfortunately.

Now you might check your list and see if Caye Caulker or Belize islands/cayes are mentioned. If not, you can take a water taxi there and walk around the small shops, enjoy a swim on their beach and graba nice lunch before heading back. You'll need to be very aware of the water taxi times and the difference beteen Belize time and ship time in order to get back to the TV to catch the last tender to your ship, usually an hour before the ship departure time.

Not a lot around. You can take a horse carriage or a taxi and visit the Culutral Center in the old Governors mansion. Lots of historical things there. You can see the center from the tenders, it the large house with the cannons in the yard. Or you can go outside the Toruism Village, turn left and take a walk up the palisades to the light house or beyond. But other than these things or shopping in the TV or grabbing a Belikan and some conch fritters at the Wet Lizard, you'll be hard pressed to find a lot to occupy your time, in Belize City, unfortunately.

Now you might check your list and see if Caye Caulker or Belize islands/cayes are mentioned. If not, you can take a water taxi there and walk around the small shops, enjoy a swim on their beach and graba nice lunch before heading back. You'll need to be very aware of the water taxi times and the difference beteen Belize time and ship time in order to get back to the TV to catch the last tender to your ship, usually an hour before the ship departure time.

This covers it. But we enjoyed this and other historical sites because we like to learn about the culture. We took a tour with two other couples and when he stopped we were able to talk with locals. Had a great time.

Archived